Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundation advice please

• 30-04-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I love a really pale foundation but find it hard to find. It's the same colour as max factors lasting performance 100 fair or paler but the texture doesn't suit me. I don't mind a more expensive one
    and I can see which textures suit better. For example I went to two make Up counters today guerlain and clinique and what they gave me is nowhere near what I want. Any advice would be most welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Bobbi Brown do a decent range of pale foundations or you could try the new Lancome range. It can take ages to find a decent foundation. Ask for samples or bring a little pot with you so you can try it out at home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for Bobbi Brown, I wear shade 00. Found the staff in Arnotts to be very helpful.

You could also try Mac NC15 foundations. I have Studio Sculpt and it's lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

EDIT: just thought are you sure its the texture of the cheaper make up, maybe if you had a different mositerizer and a primer it would go on better?
    I hate Clinique foundation :p I would go around to all the counters in somewhere like Brown Thomas quickly by just asking to see their palest foundation if it looks proper pale then sit and go through their sell and see what the texture is like, if they produce a very light tan foundation keep moving and just say sorry thats not what im looking for, those women are good at keeping you there and getting you to sit down :p

I use the lightest L'oreal true match as my cheap foundation, it is bright and pale and counteracts my pink skin but is a little chalky and wears off during the day unlike the lightest NC15 MAC, MAC gives samples out Bobbi brown does not, I tried their palest foundation it was 40 euro as opposed to MAC at 30 but I did not get it as it was so sheer, which was nice but wouldnt last me MAC is more pigmenty.. If I moisturize well its sheer-er.

If you want to go all out and get a perfect pale (unless nc15 is pale enough) you would need

a good moisteriser (I use Simple rich/light 3-5 euro)
    A primer, shop around as they seem to be all 20 euro but some are better than others, primer is optional I just moisterize and wait for it to semi dry and it is smooth but primer would give a better application.
    Buy NC15 (30) AND the white or palest face and body foundation from MAC (30 but a massive bottle because its less concentrated), you're diluting the foundation so whether you buy two bottles of MAC in a year or you buy two now and they will last you longer so its not technically more expensive you're just buying more now to get your mixture right and also you can use the body foundation for other things.

I went around to every counter in Brown Thomas asking for pale foundation and everyone showed me light beige, especially the brands for older women seem to just go to ivory, spending 3 times as much as drug store make up youre getting better wear and a smoother foundation but imo if youre spending the money make sure it is your shade, if you can't find something I'd get drug store makeup until you find something that works for you.
    zzxx wrote: »
    Bobbi Brown do a decent range of pale foundations or you could try the new Lancome range.

Bobbi Brown are nice but very sheer, if I had the money I would get their moisterisers and primer oh heavenly. New Lancome range, they do pale??! proper pale?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got a sample of BB moistusier when I got my foundation and it was amazing. I need it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Watch out with getting a NW/NC15 MAC foundation. The shades can be weird in the different types of foundation, so it could be really pale in one and quite dark in another (happened me with Studio Fix - got the NW15 and it was way too dark >.< But someone I know has NW15 in I think ProLongwear and it's really pale).

Illamasqua Skin Base in 02 is really, really pale and a lovely formulation imo. Only thing is it's a balls to get here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

saa wrote: »
    EDIT: New Lancome range, they do pale??! proper pale?

They have 16 shades, I'm usually the lightest and I had to take the 2nd one this time so worth a look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I'm usually the lightest shade in bobbi brown, alabaster i think. USed to be a 10 in dior but they changed the forever foundation and now the 10 is darker!!!! :mad: Anyhow i found chantecaille foundation that has a whopper range of colours, and they have one that suits me perfectly. It has a bit more coverage that bobbi brown Thank God!!!! and there are more options in the range. A friend of mine who is equally as pale swears by ellis faas foundation. I haven't tried that but she always looks good. She said you can get that one in a small size and a big size, which sounds like a good idea as you can buy as much to suit your budget, and you can get it with the brush built in i think.

I might try that one next but i do love this chantecaille one. I got so excited when i read its angelina jolies favourite make up :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

zzxx wrote: »
    They have 16 shades, I'm usually the lightest and I had to take the 2nd one this time so worth a look!
    I couldn't get a lancome one to suit me :(

Advertisement