Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY stores in Athlone

Options
  • 30-04-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone know of any DIY stores in the Golden Island area?

I know there's B&Q but it's quite far in the Coosan area.

Essentially a place where you can get wood planks, pipes/tubes, ropes, tools and that kind of stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Once upon a time Heavins and Chadwicks would have been within walking distance from GI, but they have both move further out the Dublin Road. Woodies further out at Kilmartins.

There also used to be a small place in the old shopping centre, opposite Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tokenv

Where's Kilmartins?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

As you're walking out the Dublin Road, just past the college (across the road from the second part of the campus) you'll see Heavins (beside Smyths toy store).

Keep going to the right turn for Lidl, Chadwicks is at the end of that road.

Stay on the Dublin Road past Lidl and you'll come to Kilmartins at the roundabout - Texaco, McDonalds, Woodies etc.

Map showing those three along with B&Q and Ganlys from GI. Can't think of anywhere else.

http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=204308700756044388210.0004beee778087e7dc39d&msa=0&ll=53.42365,-7.925949&spn=0.037541,0.110378

Thanks for the map! They're all quite far, although I think there's a bus to get near Woodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

B&Q is in Coosan. It's 2 minutes from you.

• Advertisement

I'm in Irishtown (golden island), it's 2.5 km and don't have a car, I suspect it's longer than 2 minutes ;)

Advertisement