Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card

Options
  • 30-04-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to clear a credit card bill in a bank before clearing it by direct debit? For example my bill gets cleared on the 8th of May by direct debit, however if I was to go into the bank tomorrow could I clear the credit card so that I could have the full limit again for this month? I need the full limit on my credit card this month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Aggiem

Some banks won't take payments for credit cards now but you could pay it in the post office. However, depending on long it takes to process the direct debit might still be taken but it would be credited to your credit card account so you wouldn't lose anything in the long run and be able to use your credit card in the meantime.
    You must be some big spender max out your credit card!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I find the post office is the quickest. Its generally off your account in 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Aggiem wrote: »
    Some banks won't take payments for credit cards now but you could pay it in the post office. However, depending on long it takes to process the direct debit might still be taken but it would be credited to your credit card account so you wouldn't lose anything in the long run and be able to use your credit card in the meantime.
    You must be some big spender max out your credit card!

Just as a warning. I know AIB will charge customers for withdrawing their own money out of their credit card on the gold and basic credit cards. So if you do end up with too much in the credit card then it could cost you.

http://www.biker.ie/forum/archive/index.php/t-169050.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Advertisement