Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Upgrade from UPC

• 30-04-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi,

Got a letter from UPC today that they are upgrading my modem for free to one that can do 100mb.

It says its a "new top of the range wireless modem"

Any ideas what model I would get?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Got the same letter, just wondering does that mean they are going to upgrade the connection for free along with it or is there an additional charge to go from the 30mb to 100mb and the free modem is just to tease you into getting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The model will be the Cisco EPC3925 or the Thomson TWG870UIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

Axwell wrote: »
    Got the same letter, just wondering does that mean they are going to upgrade the connection for free along with it or is there an additional charge to go from the 30mb to 100mb and the free modem is just to tease you into getting it?

I am guessing it will be extra for the 100mb. I wasn't too bothered as they where charging for the modem and setup, but if thats gone free I could be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

roast wrote: »
    The model will be the Cisco EPC3925 or the Thomson TWG870UIR.

Thanks

Advertisement