Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer a question and then ask another (version The Third)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

jammstarr wrote: »
    Yes Sir.

Ever join the FCA?

No, but it is something that would interest me.
    PandaX9 wrote: »
    Don't have much access to firearms so haven't fired any handguns I'm afraid!

Should Ireland allow gun permits for home-protection etc ONLY? (I.e. Think of that case where that farmer shot the floor as a barrel and the shotgun cartridge ricocheted and killed a robber on his property and then the farmer was imprisoned for manslaughter??)

Imo, no. Guns are dangerous and the less there are of them in the country the better. The image of a reckless owner letting a kid near a gun would kill me.

EDIT: The FCA are the army reserve for Ireland. They are known as the Reserve Defence Forces now.

Do you find heavy rain in June depressing?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I find it very depressing. Really hard to motivate myself today, it was so dreary and dark and cold. :(
    Plus I live on top of an underground river so my neighbour keeps freaking out every time the word 'flood' is mentioned my Met Eireann.

What is your favourite season of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Posy wrote: »
    What is your favourite season of the year?

Winter. Love the cold and wearing coats.

Ever shave your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

probably winter. Like you can get summer all year round if you just fly to Australia during October-feb or whatever but you can only get a proper winter wonderland with a manageable amount of snow and therefore cold (-25 would be ideal, -30 would probably be the max I'd want but hey I can take colder) so very rarely and in so few places, like if I wanted winter during the "summer" months I would have to go to the bloody Himalayas and that wouldn't be fun, far too cold with far too little actual life! Plus, bad lungs and thin air and all that...

Edit: oh lord no! Would look rather peculiar on me however i can imagine its be fun to not have any hair touching your hair etc for a while :)

Do you tan easily or do you have "Irish" skin?

Do you tan easily or do you have "Irish" skin?

I've the Irish skin alas :o:(

Ever freak yourself out after watching a scary film?

• Advertisement

All the time!! Especially after watching Creep, it's the most unrealistic of situations but I was still terrified of creepy rat men living in metro's..

Favourite genre of horror ie zombie, paranormal, supernatural (demons etc), insane people, mutants, etc?

All the time!! Especially after watching Creep, it's the most unrealistic of situations but I was still terrified of creepy rat men living in metro's..

Favourite genre of horror ie zombie, paranormal, supernatural (demons etc), insane people, mutants, etc?

Creep was scary! :o I enjoy paranormal or supernatural. Usually things that scare me the most are ones where human inventions or nature can't stop them.

Your favourite horror film?

The Shining. The classic ones are the best- although not usually a fan of horror. I prefer funnies, I like to be cheered up by a movie. :)

Favourite comedy film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz
    (You'd never guess right? :p)

What movie do you watch when you're down and need a cheer up?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz
    (You'd never guess right? :p)

What movie do you watch when you're down and need a cheer up?

I tend to reach for a pixar movie or a romcom as I know there will be a happy ending.

Do you like peanut butter?

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    Do you like peanut butter?

Yes Sir.

Chunky or smooth?

Yes Sir.

Chunky or smooth?

I enjoy the chunky ones.

Do you still have any easter eggs hanging around?

No. But they made it to May. (I have still had unopened Easter Eggs in my house in June/July before though!) :o

Favourite flavour of ice cream?

Posy wrote: »
    Favourite flavour of ice cream?

Vanilla.

Ever watch any shock videos online?

Vanilla.

Ever watch any shock videos online?

I haven't no.

Do you laugh at yourself much?

Can't say I have no.. A friend once hyperlinked the words "happy birthday" with octopusgirlDOTcom.. Never got over it. And it was a squid not an octopus god damn it

Edit: all the time. I'm absolutely ridiculous. This post proves it. I mean come on how many people would actively study Latin and ancient Greek just to prove people wrong :p?

Did you know that the plural of octopus is NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN octopi? It is not a second declension Latin noun, if it was the plural would be octopēs. It is in fact a third declension (I think) Greek noun and so the appropriate suffix is -pode, so they are actually called Octopodes. (pronounced octo-Poe-days). Did you know that over 90% of the population so popularly wrongly believes that it is octopi that they use it as a plural now that octupusses is not acceptable?

Can't say I have no.. A friend once hyperlinked the words "happy birthday" with octopusgirlDOTcom.. Never got over it. And it was a squid not an octopus god damn it

Edit: all the time. I'm absolutely ridiculous. This post proves it. I mean come on how many people would actively study Latin and ancient Greek just to prove people wrong :p?

Did you know that the plural of octopus is NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN octopi? It is not a second declension Latin noun, if it was the plural would be octopēs. It is in fact a third declension (I think) Greek noun and so the appropriate suffix is -pode, so they are actually called Octopodes. (pronounced octo-Poe-days). Did you know that over 90% of the population so popularly believes that it is octopi that they use it as a plural now that octupusses is not acceptable?

I've seen that octopusgirlDOTcom thing it's terrible. You are lucky you didn't see the eel one I had this face :eek: on me for half a day after it.

I didn't know the plural of octupusses is actually octopi :p

Are you up early tomorrow?

Grrr podes podes pooooooo-deeees..
    No I have no early morning requirements :D

Do you watch any reality tv shows and if so which?

Grrr podes podes pooooooo-deeees..
    No I have no early morning requirements :D

Do you watch any reality tv shows and if so which?

I don't anymore really. I enjoyed watching the hills (great trash tv imo) and Big Brother I enjoyed for the first few seasons and then went off of it. I would watch an episode of biggest loser or one of those ones where a group of lads are rivalling each other for the affection of one lady. They are all ridiculous though!

Do you think there's an afterlife?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,359 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

HazDanz wrote: »
    I don't anymore really. I enjoyed watching the hills (great trash tv imo) and Big Brother I enjoyed for the first few seasons and then went off of it. I would watch an episode of biggest loser or one of those ones where a group of lads are rivalling each other for the affection of one lady. They are all ridiculous though!

Do you think there's an afterlife?

This IS the afterlife.

What do you think was the forelife?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    This IS the afterlife.

What do you think was the forelife?

wasnt that after the threelife

do you believe in god?

Not really.. I prefer for him and I to live our lives as separately as possible.

Do you like science fiction films?

Not really.. I prefer for him and I to live our lives as separately as possible.

Do you like science fiction films?

yes some of them

all time favourite film?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

yes some of them

all time favourite film?

downfall I think

have you seen it?

downfall I think

have you seen it?

no dont think i have

who is in it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

no dont think i have

who is in it?

there aren't any well known actors out side of germany in it I don't think

will you give it a gander some time?

there aren't any well known actors out side of germany in it I don't think

will you give it a gander some time?

why not if its worth a watch

is there loads of guitars and a big orchestra in it?;)

why not if its worth a watch

is there loads of guitars and a big orchestra in it?;)

hehe I wish : D no it's about the last few days of hitler in his bunker before he went mad and blew his brains out

have you an interest in WW2?

hehe I wish : D no it's about the last few days of hitler in his bunker before he went mad and blew his brains out

have you an interest in WW2?

yes i do

do you have an interest in WW3?:p

• Advertisement

yes i do

do you have an interest in WW3?:p

I do

are ireland involved :pac:?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement