Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Halogen spots > LEDs +Dimmer?

Options
  • 30-04-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Quick one - I want to replace our kitchen halogen spots with LEDs for reasons of economy.

At the moment they're on a double dimmer as TV room is attached but the boxes are marked to say not for use with a dimmer etc.

I can't seem to find a dimmer + normal switch 2 gang wall plate - Whats the best way to sort this?

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

You can buy a modular type switch in an electrical wholesalers. They make the switch from scratch basically, so can be done in any configuration. A normal on one side and dimmer on the other is no problem. Check to see if you need a 2-way switch on either circuit.
    Pop into your nearest wholesaler and they will sort you out no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

buy dimmable leds

• Registered Users Posts: 41 pipsdad

Raiser wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Quick one - I want to replace our kitchen halogen spots with LEDs for reasons of economy.

At the moment they're on a double dimmer as TV room is attached but the boxes are marked to say not for use with a dimmer etc.

I can't seem to find a dimmer + normal switch 2 gang wall plate - Whats the best way to sort this?

Any advice appreciated :)
    Same as cast_iron, you can buy just the on/ off switch module so your plate will look as it does now but with just on off function on wherever you put the modules, or buy dimmable lamps as liveandnetural post.

Advertisement