Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent - yes or no - give views

Options
  • 30-04-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

first time buyer arranged a viewing on a house today estate agent straight away said their was a bid in already of xxxxxx do you think this is right or just to get us to see where we are with the property..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

bucky08 wrote: »
    first time buyer arranged a viewing on a house today estate agent straight away said their was a bid in already of xxxxxx do you think this is right or just to get us to see where we are with the property..

1. EA's are biggest liers on this planet. This is my personal experience. So dont believe them!
    2. View house and make offer of atleast 5-10% less what you think is right/max price should be for that house.
    3. Set your limit on max what you can pay for the house and dont bid against yourself.

Happy House Hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

Ya was thinkin the same myself just too much of a coincidence for it to be but seen today for sale sign gone down so maybe some truth in it and was 18% under asking price sure will wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

There's no agent run off his or her feet these days. Buyers are very scarce so they will deal. I recently purchased two properties by turning the agents' tactics on themselves. One house was unoccupied for two years and the price had dropped by 60% of original asking. When I showed an interest however, suddenly two more buyers appeared and the grass was cut! I put a bid with the agent of 5,000 less than asking price, told him that was my maximum budget and that I would hold the offer open for four weeks. Ten days later he rings to tell me the others had dropped out.

Advertisement