Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP iPod?

• 30-04-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have an iPod video (the one attached), i'd say I have it about 5 years now.

Problem is now the battery cuts off really quickly (id say little more than a half hour) after a full charge, which would be every morning on the walk to work, which is a pain! (cuts out quicker, especially in the cold weather, weird I know).

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it time to bite the bullet and ditch this and invest in a new one?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

CPSW wrote: »
    Hi all,

Problem is now the battery cuts off really quickly (id say little more than a half hour) after a full charge, which would be every morning on the walk to work, which is a pain! (cuts out quicker, especially in the cold weather, weird I know).

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it time to bite the bullet and ditch this and invest in a new one?

Cheers!

Batteries don't last forever, and 5 years is pretty good. You could see if you can get a replacement and fit it yourself if you're confident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I took one of those apart recently. Pretty easy as long as you follow the guides to disassemble it. Replaced the hard drive because it was broken but the battery was just next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

I had this with an ipod touch 1g when running ios 3.1.3. I downgraded to 3.1.2 and problem solved. Not sure this helps you though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

On Apple's battery replacement page it says it costs €67.30 to have Apple replace it.

Or, you could follow the instructions here and do it yourself for much cheaper. They also sell the battery there.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Thanks all for your replies, much appreciated.

I definatley think that it is cutting out due to the age of it. I will look to replace the battery myself or failing that, will get apple to do it.

Cheers

CPSW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marknine

CPSW wrote: »
    Hi all,

Cheers!

The same thing happened to me and I bought a battery replacement kit for €6 and that did the trick. I bought it from focalprice.com and used PayPal as my payment method. The only negative about this site is it can take over a month for the item to arrive.
    http://www.focalprice.com/IC007Y/37V_540mAH_Replacement_Battery_Pack_with_Dissembling_Tools_for_Apple_iPod_Classic_80G_Yellow.html?Currency=EUR

You can also just buy the battery for €3 or €4. Also if you go to Youtube you will see how to replace an ipod battery. It only tuck my a few minutes and now my old Ipod is working fine.

Advertisement