Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Customer wants Broadband

Options
  • 30-04-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi - Good to see you guys fielding questions here. ....

My story is pretty simple. I was a customer of Eircom on the Kilmoganny exchange in County Kilkenny, but changed to UTV for a few years (No broadband was ever available to my number as we were/are outside the edge of DSL coverage.

About two years ago, an apparently incredibly helpful Eircom salesman canvassed multiple houses on our road to switch back to Eircom in order to avail of DSL Broadband, he said he could not guarantee that we would all get it, but was "very sure" that I would. As soon as we switched, his mobile phone number never answered again. Multiple calls to Eircom achieved nothing whatsoever. We all felt had we had been tricked and looked really naive. We never heard from this chancer again, and nobody in Eircom could help us despite multiple courteous queries. I eventually disconnected from Eircom and now route my calls over 3G with blueface.

I have noticed that people are able to get DSL now within half a mile away, and would now like to be able to check it out . Unfortunately, I have no landline currently and am not sure how to proceed.

Any help is appreciated,
    Burr.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Burr wrote: »
    Hi - Good to see you guys fielding questions here. ....

My story is pretty simple. I was a customer of Eircom on the Kilmoganny exchange in County Kilkenny, but changed to UTV for a few years (No broadband was ever available to my number as we were/are outside the edge of DSL coverage.

About two years ago, an apparently incredibly helpful Eircom salesman canvassed multiple houses on our road to switch back to Eircom in order to avail of DSL Broadband, he said he could not guarantee that we would all get it, but was "very sure" that I would. As soon as we switched, his mobile phone number never answered again. Multiple calls to Eircom achieved nothing whatsoever. We all felt had we had been tricked and looked really naive. We never heard from this chancer again, and nobody in Eircom could help us despite multiple courteous queries. I eventually disconnected from Eircom and now route my calls over 3G with blueface.

I have noticed that people are able to get DSL now within half a mile away, and would now like to be able to check it out . Unfortunately, I have no landline currently and am not sure how to proceed.

Any help is appreciated,
    Burr.

Hi Burr,

Thanks for your post.

Glad to hear you're interested in returning to eircom.

I can confirm that your exchange Kilmoganny, is ^Adsl and *NGB compatible.
    If you need to setup a new phoneline just call into Sales. There is a current promotion at the moment to provide a new phoneline to customers.

Call Broadband Sales - 1800503303 - (freefone), who will be able to advise on this and also Broadband /Phone Packages.

If you'd like to look over current eircom broadband packages and phone bundles first -

eircom Broadband Packages / Phone Bundles

Best wishes,
    Ant

*NGB, or Next Generation Broadband, is essentially fibre powered broadband, which guarantees consistent download speeds, whatever time of the day, even at peak times. NGB is set-up as 'up to' *8Mb (or 'up to'*24Mb in cases).
    ^Adsl is rate adaptive based technology, which means that your broadband connection speed is governed by the distance from your premises to the exchange..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Burr

Thanks a lot...But I have no landline currently. I have already switched back to Eircom previously as you see from above. I know that my exchange has been upgraded, but cannot take the risk to reconnect and fail and be back to square one again. If I call Eircom, I am told that I must reconnect to test the line ?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Burr wrote: »
    Thanks a lot...But I have no landline currently. I have already switched back to Eircom previously as you see from above. I know that my exchange has been upgraded, but cannot take the risk to reconnect and fail and be back to square one again. If I call Eircom, I am told that I must reconnect to test the line ?..

Burr, I understand what you say.

If you like, what I can do is check broadband availability in your locality.

If you PM me your address, I will check the nearest local phonelines to you. This sample should give a good idea of whether broadband, or NGB, is available in your location.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement