Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solictor for complicated house purchase?

Options
  • 01-05-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a good solicitor to use for a house purchase. The house is a very old property so want to make sure everything is checked out fully before the purchase is made.

If recommendations are not allowed to be placed here just PM me.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i would recommend Myra Dinneen in Bandon if that suits, I found her to be very thorough, communicate everything to you and meets you when convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Fermec

I find "Murphy Condon" Shandon Street Very Good. Don Murphy is the Man i Dealt With.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

Spindle wrote: »
    Hello,

Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a good solicitor to use for a house purchase. The house is a very old property so want to make sure everything is checked out fully before the purchase is made.

If recommendations are not allowed to be placed here just PM me.

Thanks,
    I was buying a house a couple of years ago with a view to moving to Cork. It was old and was the property I wanted (or so I thought). I went to Dominic Creedon solicitors on the Grand Parade (around the corner from the South Mall). The solicitor, Dominic Creedon did the required searches for me and in the end, there were some problems uncovered. If it was up to me, I would have bought it but he prevailed upon me not to. I was disappointed but I had to admire him for being honest as it meant there was no sale initially. I later found another house, he did the searches and the conveyancing and it all turned it for the better. It wasn't a straightforward deal but now I am relieved that I listened to him. The original house I have since learned, was a nightmare waiting to happen and I was very well advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Thanks for all the replies I check them out.

Advertisement