Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think its 'gay'?

• 01-05-2012 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

For a guy to be real interested in looking up clothes and hairstyles in free time?

Do you do it? A lot of my friends say its gay, but what else would I be doing? Looking at clothes is fun!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well, yes I do think it's gay, but sure what difference does it make what other people think of what you like to do. do it anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If you overdo it, yes imo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Super gay. It's super. But it is gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

EdenHazard wrote: »
    For a guy to be real interested in looking up clothes and hairstyles in free time?

Do you do it? A lot of my friends say its gay, but what else would I be doing? Looking at clothes is fun!

Your sig is more of a give away, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I really need to change the Bieber sig(I won't) because every thread I start gets brought down to 'how sad it is your a Belieber thats not real music blah blah'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Meh,

women outnumber men and the sexuality lines are becomming blurred in the metro sexual modern age.

Gay is when you want to play hide the sausage with another man.

Everything else is just an opinion on wearing pink shirts when it's not ladies day.

IMO the people running around shouting "gay" are the persons clearly not comfortable with their own sexuality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

How can an interest in clothes and hairstlyes define a persons sexual orientation?

Beats me, suppose its the kinda stuff they expect a gay dude does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

It's not gay, it's womanly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

when you pull the belly off yerself if its men you think of then its gay if its women then its not

its no more gay for you looking at nice looking clothes and haircuts than it is for me looking at nice looking cars and bikes and guns and knives

i had a mate years ago who wore the most stylish clothes and he was a hair stylist and lots of lads were intimidated by him and asked if he was gay but he attracted women over in clubs like lynx if lynx worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Yes, looking at clothes and hairstyles excessively could make you susceptible to contracting 'teh ghey'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

No, of course its not gay. You, on the otherhand..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I think a lot of things are gay. But then I'm a time traveller from a previous century

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

Depends on the type of clothes, you're on about collecting high tops in the collectors thread, wtf are high tops? Sounds megagay to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I've already said my piece to you EdenHazard in the past so I shan't delve any further. :)

Yes I do think it's gay.

But I'm not going to dissuade you from doing it. Or liking Justin Bieber, or One Direction, or Wanting to be famous... If it makes you happy do it, "haterz gonna hate"... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Depends what you get up to in the changing room.

but that's got nothing to do with the clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

It's not gay, but it is effeminate

Its funny(well not funny but yano...) my sig I'm a proud Belieber but a lot of things JB does annoy me, like when he says 'he worked so hard' what did you actually 'work hard' at? You have 1 in a million voice and not like you worked on your looks so what did you actually do except throw a few videos up on youtube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nothing wrong with it, men are just as much entitled to look at fashion and hairstyles as women and more power to them for taking an interest in how they look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You're not gay unless you like the sausage.
    However, there's a special exception for "Beliebers"

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Gok Wan would be proud. Do you like a bit of Gok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Being interested in fashion isn't gay, but being very excessively so can be effeminate, but that isn't necessarily gay. Lots of those spray-tanned, hairstyling, waxing pretty boy dudes can't get enough flange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Bit lost really since when was it gay for a bloke to dress well its pride in there appearance is an important thing if you look good you feel good, labels thats up tot her personal choice how ever i do take an interest in how i look I don't really care for hair styles..

How ever I have an extensive sneaker collection:D
    Taking pride in your appearance and how you dress is a good thing always duly noted bye the oposit sex to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Dudess wrote: »
    Being interested in fashion isn't gay, but being very excessively so can be effeminate, but that isn't necessarily gay. Lots of those spray-tanned, hairstyling, waxing pretty boy dudes can't get enough flange.

Girls want to get into their pants...literally :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

No. I have a couple of friends who are well into their clothes and stuff and would have no bother going on to you about what they're planning on buying and stuff. Wouldn't be effeminate lads either, one's a boxer the other a GAA player (InB4PaulGalvin).

I wouldn't wear something I didn't like.
    to dress well its pride in there appearance is an important thing if you look good you feel good

^^Bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's neither gay nor straight: what it is is not considered masculine by many, but what's considered masculine or feminine changes all the time anyway.

Personally I don't like to get too pre-occupied about what I wear: I like to look presentable, but I also don't think clothes are worth much of my time at all, in terms of shopping for them and choosing what to wear.
    So I tend to wear simple outfits that I think look nice and I can throw on in the morning.

I'd find it hard to take any person who was overly interested in fashion seriously at first, because it's something I don't think is important at all.
    That, however, is my opinion, and I would never criticise others for being more interested in fashion, and a fashionista might still be able to win me over by being a nice person etc.

But don't worry about what sack-cloth wearing yokels like me think: like whatever you want and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Are you sucking a dick while doing these things? If not, then no, it's not gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Here, Eden Hazard, how old are you man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

People sexually attracted to people of the same sex = gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Meh, I have plenty of 'gay' tastes. Doesn't mean squat.

I don't think it's gay, but I do think it will turn out looking gay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Looking at clothes isn't gay. Just as long as your watching a woman take them off.

Spunge wrote: »

whatever happened to good old fashioned magnetism. should be a case of 'poles apart' if you gheys will excuse the pun. Repelled.

Spunge wrote: »

Actually that might just make you bi :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

There is nothing wrong with having an interest in looking well or having a keen interest in clothes, however I think from the posts I've seen you make I think you're bordering on the obsessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I really need to change the Bieber sig(I won't) because every thread I start gets brought down to 'how sad it is your a Belieber thats not real music blah blah'

Well, lets get this over with.

• 'how sad it is your a Belieber?
    • thats not real music
    • also: blah blah

See? I'm self aware, wiser-than-thou and post-ironic. See how annoying I am?

That's you.

That you listen to music I don't enjoy actually has nothing to do with it. Frankly I'd feel more uncomfortable if you shared the same music as me.

Whether its gay or not is irrelevant.
    but what else would I be doing? Looking at clothes is fun! [/qoute]

Read that again: If I wrote that, don't you think I'd seem really self-absorbed, materialistic, narcisistic and a mallrat all at once?

You like clothes so...
    :cool:
    ... try putting the shoe on the other foot for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Meh,

women outnumber men and the sexuality lines are becomming blurred in the metro sexual modern age.

Everything else is just an opinion on wearing pink shirts when it's not ladies day.

IMO the people running around shouting "gay" are the persons clearly not comfortable with their own sexuality

Dude, that post was powerfully gay.

Meh,

Dude, that post was powerfully gay.

No for the most part he is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

1ZRed wrote: »
    No for the most part he is right.

Yes, I know. I was joking. He was entirely right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Do you mince or flame?
    Only gay men browse for clothes, real men let their mammys buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,525 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no, it's not gay. It is ghey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

You're not gay gay but you're a bit faggit gay to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP stop looking for attention ya big ghey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

**** one, sorry mate.

What a way to find out though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Here, Eden Hazard, how old are you man?

To be fair its not gay but its as camp as christmas, effiminate.
    It may be advisable to go visit your doctor to check out your testosterone levels;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

No: if by clothes you mean hot lingerie on sexy birds, then I do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I'm not sure... I was always under the impression that you should consider yourself gay when the bell end of a stiff hard cock is being rammed down the back of your throat and a ball bag is slapping off your chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Can you be straight yet camp?

"Oh my god, that yves san laurent cravat is to die for"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is that you Paul Galvin?

• Advertisement
Advertisement