Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Limerick?

• 01-05-2012 12:57am

Seen a few messages on FB about a big fire in the city. John street has been mentioned. Anymore info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

shaaane wrote: »
    Seen a few messages on FB about a big fire in the city. John street has been mentioned. Anymore info on this?

Cathedral Carpets (I think that's what it was called) on Mungret Street went up in flames again tonight! The lads in Watergate probably had nowhere else to light a bonfire!

shaaane wrote: »

Cathedral Carpets (I think that's what it was called) on Mungret Street went up in flames again tonight! The lads in Watergate probably had nowhere else to light a bonfire!
    Just seen a video of the fire there on FB. It's a fairly viscous one! Nothing on the 95fm site about it yet.

Also just copped from your message that's it's bonfire night! Jesus they're improving every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Yup, it was.

Typical :rolleyes: now a derelict site has become MORE derelict and even more dangerous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

If I'm thinking of the right building, that must be the third time the place has been lit in the past year or so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

again!!!!! im just down in old clare street i saw nothing :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

roast wrote: »
    If I'm thinking of the right building, that must be the third time the place has been lit in the past year or so!

You're right, it seems to be set alight quite often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Plenty of fires last night. Drove through Weston at about 19:00 and there was a house set on fire.

Plus there were a number of attacks on firemen last night by utter scum. The worst attack being in Garryowen where a fireman had serious damage done to his face with a bottle.

Listened to a bit of it on the radio this morning and there were some right thick locals making excuses for the scum. Something along the lines of how the youngsters should be allowed to have their bonfires, and if they were then they would not be attacking the firemen.

Seems it is always someone else's fault when scum do wrong, but never the fault of the scum themselves.

Hope the injured fireman makes a full recovery and that his face will not require a lot of surgery to fix.

Advertisement