Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happened to M&S food???

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭

Having been in Australia for around 8 months I couldn't wait to get back and get all the loverly stuff from Marks and Sparks that I had missed so much.

But I am bitterly disappointed.... :( My favourite falafels have been given an "improved" recipe. Improved ??? :eek: They are awful, dry and dusty and tasteless.

And the Parmentier Potaoes have been given the same treatment improved to the point of being soggy and greasy. And a few other things I've tried are not as good as they used to be.. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

They do good canned food, the vegetable soup and beef/lamb curry both rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

I still think that M&S do good quality food but has anyone else noticed the massive jump in price of the last 12 months? I know food prices are going up globally but M&S seem to have increased the prices of some of their products by 50% in the last year. Hardly inline with inflation! I don't really shop there much anymore - not that I was ever able to shop there on a regular basis anyway - but certainly a lot less now.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Yeah, whenever anything says something like "new recipe" I always get suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Yeah I noticed this over last few weeks as well. Quality and taste has taken a nose dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

And the chicken Piri Piri and Peshwari Naans seem to have disappeared from the Indian range. Add this to the 'improved' Jalfrezi from a year or 2 back and I'm not a happy customer.

And their shelf stock management is rubbish. Every single day with almost total predictability particular items are sold out early while others are stacked to the ceiling unsold.

All quite poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

sudzs wrote: »
    But I am bitterly disappointed.... :( My favourite falafels have been given an "improved" recipe. Improved ??? :eek: They are awful, dry and dusty and tasteless.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]You can get a powdered falafel mix in some stores, not sure about M&S. You just need to add water and mould them to whatever shape you desire.[/FONT] And of course, you need to cook them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    And their shelf stock management is rubbish. Every single day with almost total predictability particular items are sold out early while others are stacked to the ceiling unsold.

All quite poor.

I've noticed that stock management issue too. It can be very disapointing, especially if you've travelled a distance for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I do a lot of grocery shopping in M & S because while more expensive I think there is way less waste so it evens out. In saying that, I also agree that the prices seemed to have jumped WAYYY too high in the last 12-18 months.

Advertisement