Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing in apartment block

Options
  • 01-05-2012 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi There …

Just looking for a bit of advice … Again !!!

I’m in my ground floor apt 18 months now and have had no major issues. Up until recently, only 4 of the 17 apt’s in our block were occupied but recently there’s been a load more occupied through the rent to buy scheme.

Now last week, I got a call from a plumber that was in the apt directly above me on behalf of the management co. The guy had recently moved in but was having trouble with waste backing up from his toilet and did I have any similar issues. Now at the time I was just back from Holidays and hadn’t noticed anything but over the weekend discovered a little puddle around the toilet. I thought it might have been from the waste pipe from the sink cause that’s happened before but I got it sorted but after I cleaned up the water, I put a cloth down under the toilet waste just to see and sure enough when I got home yesterday, the cloth was wet !!!
    Now I’m wondering if this is just an isolated thing in that it’s just a problem with my waste pipe or could it have something to do with the fact that there are now more people using the sewerage system ?? I don’t want to go forking out for a plumber if this is something that the council should be looking after

Thanks in advance
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you're in an apt block, then the council will be of no use to you.

We've had some similar issues. The problem was more to do with the diameter of the pipes. Some were just not installed correctly. We (the management company) have made corrections and resolved some problems.

But, more people will always mean more waste. And sometimes people put incorrect waste down the toilets, which causes a blockage.

Get on to the management agent about it.

Advertisement