Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friends with benefits...

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But telling your mates you're getting your hole regularly off some bird whom you've no interest in and who's well into you (assuming it's true) makes you look cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Dudess wrote: »
    But telling your mates you're getting your hole regularly off some bird whom you've no interest in and who's well into you (assuming it's true) makes you look cool!

I agree anyone who does this to someone else doesnt realise how much hurt they cause a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Im 24 now and I had girlfriends since i was 18,am currentling doin the friends with benefits thing with TWO girls and I gotta say I love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

After my marriage broke down and not wanting to drag my kids into proper relationships FWB/FB situations were the safest and best option for me. I knew who I could trust and got my needs met without getting emotionally tangled in a situation.

All of them ended amicably and only one had me wanting more but I got over that and 10 years on we are still friends.

One of the lads I had fun with often said he had never met a woman who could separate sex from love before so maybe I was a rarity. Now that I am all loved up with my kids almost grown up I couldnt imagine going back to that kind of situation but when I was in my 20s and early 30s I had more urgent needs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Imho its a great idea, i mean some people dont get on that well in a relationship but the sex etc between them could be amazing so why let it go to waste!
    Once both people know that thats all it is, and neither person likes the other more than just sex, then why not i say! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ardinn wrote: »
    Ooooh just found this thread and i'm currently in the situation where I think she is starting to get attached - whats the best way out. (of course "way out" means I still get me hole 4 times a week!)

Thats not a fb that's having a girlfriend.

Even once a week is too often. The trick is to have more then one, so you are not meeting the same person on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Yes, I've had a few, I think. I say 'I think' because I'm unsure what the criteria are to be considered Friends with Benefits.

For example: does occasionally sleeping with someone you went out with for about a month, maybe two months, but when that ended and for a long time after, every so often, we could call the other one and see if they're in the mood?

I've had a few others that may fall into the FWB bracket as well, but it wasn't always a given that sex would be part of meeting up. Just sometimes it happened that way.

Are there varieties of FWB?

I've been able to separate emotion from sex with all of 'my boys' mostly because I never saw a future with them. And there wasn't any regularity to our meet-ups. Very sporadic. What a word sporadic is. Sounds positively bone-chilling in this context. ;)

I slowly stopped having these kind of dalliances, a few years ago now. T'was fun while it lasted but it definitely had a sell-by-date for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Dudess wrote: »
    Stop being a cowardly user?

Not a cowardly Loser - we were both straight with each-other from the start - I just now worry she may have started to want more. My question was does anyone have any ideas on how to keep it going but also reiterate the conditions on which we started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Thats not a fb that's having a girlfriend.

Even once a week is too often. The trick is to have more then one, so you are not meeting the same person on a regular basis.

Well I suppose it is too often - but some weeks we may only meet once. But we agreed on just seeing each-other infrequently, which is probably another issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

ardinn wrote: »
    Not a cowardly Loser - we were both straight with each-other from the start - I just now worry she may have started to want more. My question was does anyone have any ideas on how to keep it going but also reiterate the conditions on which we started.

IE to ignore her feelings and use her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

benefits drawbacks. Fact, jack.

Truth, ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Elba101 wrote: »
    What are your views on so called Fcuk buddies? Good idea or bad idea?

I ask because I think it's a good idea if both people are clear on what it is, but anyone ever had one where it went wrong? Ended with someone getting really hurt? Or anyone just slip into a relationship from it?

ive had both

1. He was an ex - we had broken up about 2 years and he said he just wanted fun so we did the friends with benefits stuff, 3 months later after sex we were snoozing and he wimpers "i still love you"... i had no feelings for him so that ended that!

2. I met a guy through a friend, we dated for a year- but broke up because he was texting other women. 2 months later he arrived at my flat drunk and we ended up in bed. after 2 months i was in a worldwind of love and happiness untill he told me he was getting married!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Don't know what people mean when they say "it never works"...if you've had sex then it has worked. It won't last forever, don't know why people think it will it will because the "**** buddy" relationship will come to an end one way or another - eventually one of you will get in a relationship with someone else, one of you might develop feelings and the other doesn't so you leave it at that or else you both develop feelings for each other and you will no longer be **** buddies, you will be a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭tomirs

Friends with benefits ….. Well from experience id have to say yes it works and quiet well to , It take honesty and an understanding that is I will say is hard to find and hard to keep , There has to be an openness that most wont or aren’t willing share and yes there is emotions involved after all we ant machines we are two consenting adults who want a sexual experience that is with out the need for love put is more inline with the deeper side off lust and gratification and yes we are friends now ..put as most relationships off this kind start we started as f**k buddies and over time progressed to an understanding were we are now past the f**k me stage and happy to share sexual needs as an excurse off the body and not the soul .

Advertisement