Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion heater timer constantly displaying incorrect time

• 01-05-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Immersion heater timer constantly displays incorrect time. As a result, water is heating at incorrect times. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

are u having any power fails lately? you can normally tell by the cooker display or the alarm clock flashing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

are u having any power fails lately? you can normally tell by the cooker display or the alarm clock flashing....

No power fails at all to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I dont know the exact make or type of your switch however
    If it is timer based and also has an on/off switch,once you turn it off the clock will also stop moving until turned back to timer again or on.

I dont know the exact make or type of your switch however
    If it is timer based and also has an on/off switch,once you turn it off the clock will also stop moving until turned back to timer again or on.

We always leave it in the ON position. It's a grasslin QE7+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Out of curiosity I googled that timer and it seems there may be an urgent safety recall on that switch - although not sure if they are making any distinction between the QE7 / QE7+. Might be worth calling that phone number though to check.

http://www.nca.ie/index.jsp?p=103&n=127&a=783

In 2005 a fault was identified with the back plate component of Grasslin QE7 Electric water-heating timers which could cause the units to overheat and go on fire. While efforts have been made since then to replace or repair all affected units, there are still a number of affected units in the homes of consumers in Ireland which have not been replaced or repaired.
    GrasslinwaterheaterJan20121.jpg
    What to do

If you have a Grasslin QE7 Electric Water-Heating Timer which was not previously replaced stop using the device immediately. Do not use the main switch and boost buttons while sleeping or out of the house. Please contact Mr Electric on freephone 1800 311 606 who will arrange to replace your unit free of charge.
    Published Date: 13/01/2012

• Advertisement

I noticed that while searching.Apparentely the QE7+ is the safe replacement which is the one I have.Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

its prob just the mechanical timer giving trouble
    if its wired corrrectly
    seems to be common enough issue with all these

It was only replaced recently and was working fine for a couple of months and now its not. Very strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

M cebee wrote: »
    its prob just the mechanical timer giving trouble
    if its wired corrrectly
    seems to be common enough issue with all these

Yes they do have problems with the mechanics and motors on that them mechanical type tymers. The one on my boiler never worked right, i made a push button one a few weeks ago, select 1 to 7 hours on it. Does the job.

Advertisement