Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Issue

• 01-05-2012 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just a couple of weeks ago I sold my phone to someone I know on Facebook as I was buying a new one. Met up with the person exchanged money for phone and that was fine. May I point out the phone worked perfectly for me and was always well looked after. Anyway over the weekend the person got in touch and said they wanted the money back as they were not happy with the way the phone was working and want me to get back in touch over it. I dont have the money to give back to this person now and I sold the phone in good faith that it worked properly. As far as I see it the deal is done but Im just worried this wont go away now

Comments

Tell them that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Just a couple of weeks ago I sold my phone to someone I know on Facebook as I was buying a new one. Met up with the person exchanged money for phone and that was fine. May I point out the phone worked perfectly for me and was always well looked after. Anyway over the weekend the person got in touch and said they wanted the money back as they were not happy with the way the phone was working and want me to get back in touch over it. I dont have the money to give back to this person now and I sold the phone in good faith that it worked properly. As far as I see it the deal is done but Im just worried this wont go away now
    Ten Euro, a secluded spot and no questions asked.....I can make this 'go away':cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

always sell broken stuff to people you dont know... del boy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Consumer issues?->->->:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

'Phone' him to tell him it was a done deal.

If he answers the phone, (which you just sold him) and if its working, ie you two can converse over the device, (which is fundamentaly what a phone is designed to do) tell him hard luck.

Sold as seen, worked perfectly when he got it, he can hear and talk to you via the phone, and you can talk and hear him on your end.

Black and white case imo.

Why post about it on AH though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rainytuesday

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, its my first post - first time errors!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Blast him with piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 helen48

Hi did they state the phone was not working,o what??if they just don't want it because it doesnt stand up to there expectations its a bit ridiculous,they should have known before they bought it off you! Also how long did it take them to get back to u after you sold them the phone??if its a few days why not ask them if there was a problem why didn't they come straight back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

organise to meet up with him and blast him with piss:cool:

*never used the phrase thought i might aswell take up the oppertunity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Message him and say he won't be able to replace a broken head as easily as a broken phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Caveat Emptor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

darokane wrote: »
    Blast him with piss
    damm it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

A couple of weeks have passed since you sold him the phone so I would just tell him to jog on to be honest, sounds like the phone hasn't lived up to his expectations and now he wants a refund.

The consumer issues forum is here, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

^^^

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement