Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink N Gold Triathlon

Options
  • 01-05-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

The 3rd Annual Attracta Doherty Memorial Pink N Gold Triathlon will take place on the 5th August this year. The new location will be in Virginia Town. There will be 2 swim options of either 400m or 750m, team entries also available. This is an ideal 1st triathlon - 2010 winner was Dessie Duffy - and Bjorn Ludick took the honours in 2011.

Online registration is now open: http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/AttractaDohertyPinknGoldTriViriginia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Carrickavee1

This is a great event for serious competitors and beginners and a great day out for all the family. Excellent location with one of the most scenic triathlon locations in Ireland. I took part last year as part of a team and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a well run event and all sponsorship money raised goes towards local cancer charities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 YodaWiseOne

This is one of my favourite races of the year. Very competitive at the top end and a great race for beginners all mixed into one with no problems. Race excitement in a relaxed atmosphere and great food and venue also. Definately one for the calander every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Subsequent Posts unapproved for shilling

OP post fine, thanks for the PM Calisto and best of luck with it.

Shotgun

This is a great event and also a great family day out, the location is very nice, the bike route is challenging. Attracts top triathletes and novices, its a good one to try your first triathlon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I'd like to enter this (in-law country), but any chance of some route info or map? That event website is terrible, its got every bell and whistle from the 90's, but very short on the details that matter!:D

• Advertisement

The website is for the Attracta Doherty Pink n Gold Cancer charity fund and does include a lot of information which is not relevant to the Triathlon. We will have the route posted asap. In the meantime you can register on http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/AttractaDohertyPinknGoldTriViriginia Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

The website is for the Attracta Doherty Pink n Gold Cancer charity fund and does include a lot of information which is not relevant to the Triathlon. We will have the route posted asap. In the meantime you can register on http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/AttractaDohertyPinknGoldTriViriginia Best of Luck

Cheers. It's linked as being the "event website" from your registration page.

Best of luck with it, hope to be racing it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I'd like to enter this (in-law country), but any chance of some route info or map? That event website is terrible, its got every bell and whistle from the 90's, but very short on the details that matter!:D

Hi Kurt,

Here is the bike route http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1213597, which is unchanged from last year. The run route is still being finalized and complete details will be posted. Hope to see you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »

Thanks mloc, we have moved the swim start further up the lake near Virginia College and the run will now go through Virginia town. How'd you get on last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

calistro wrote: »
    Thanks mloc, we have moved the swim start further up the lake near Virginia College and the run will now go through Virginia town. How'd you get on last year?

I enjoyed it, nice race. I don't think I will get to make it up this year.. depends how I recover from a race 2 weeks before.

I heard the buoys are in place at the college for swim training, any idea when the routes for the bike/run will be available?

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Hi Kurt,

Here are the complete routes:
    Swim: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1326266
    Bike: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1213597
    Run: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1346086
    I heard the buoys are in place at the college for swim training, any idea when the routes for the bike/run will be available?

Hi Carrickavee, we have training buoys in place at the moment for a 500m circuit but we will have the full 750m circuit in place over the next week or so. Our local triathlon club are meeting here each Wednesday night for a training session in each discipline if anyone is interested they can PM me for times etc.

Just an update on entry options for this years: http://www.tri-virginiapinkngoldfund.com

Individual - Team - Business Team (new category this year competing for the perpetual cup) - and also a Bike & Run option.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Hey, have you a start time for this please?

Thanks alot

jester1980 wrote: »
    Hey, have you a start time for this please?

Thanks alot

Hi,

Yes, start time is 1pm. The local triathlon club meet each Wed. evening at 7pm to do the course starting with the swim then bike & run. The last of which will be this Wed 1/08. If you have a Triathlon Ireland licence you can join in. Online entries will close on Friday 3/08.

Thanks mate, just signed up. The wife is thinking of doing it too, I saw there was an option of 400 m swim, this may be better for her, do many people do the 400m? She'd kill me if she was the only one :)

Thanks mate, just signed up. The wife is thinking of doing it too, I saw there was an option of 400 m swim, this may be better for her, do many people do the 400m? She'd kill me if she was the only one :)

She definitely won't be alone in the 400m swim. We have had the 400m each year as a result of people who are only starting out in triathlon wanting to try a shorter swim distance.

Decent race this. Really loved the swim leg. THought the bike was quite tough and didnt help that i had to borrow a womens Road bike as had a nightmare with my own befroe the race.

Support was fantastic too around the transition and finish area.

Any results floating about?

Decent race this. Really loved the swim leg. THought the bike was quite tough and didnt help that i had to borrow a womens Road bike as had a nightmare with my own befroe the race.

Support was fantastic too around the transition and finish area.

Any results floating about?

Glad you enjoyed it Jester, the weather played ball and the lake was perfectly calm for the swim, results will be available as soon as we get them back from the timing company. The timings received for the female category need to be re-checked. I'll post a link to the results here when I have them.

Thanks for your support and hope to see you back next year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement