Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A day for the pub!

• 01-05-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭

Jes it's p. ssin out there, horrible day. I'd love to get someone to milk and Tipp off drinking all day:-). Get the dinner around 1 and head home for the bed around eight drunk and full:-). Anyone joining me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

Just heading in to do the SPF forms, be with ya in an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭MfMan

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Jes it's p. ssin out there, horrible day. I'd love to get someone to milk and Tipp off drinking all day:-). Get the dinner around 1 and head home for the bed around eight drunk and full:-). Anyone joining me?

There's plenty for you to be doing even if it's wet - go and wash down or tidy up a few sheds if you've nothing better on.

Astonishingly, here in the west a drop of rain would be no harm. Drying the past week or so has been very hard and little of the moisture that the east and south received. Sup of rain now would wash in the slurry from the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

putting cows back in tonight:cool: on the plus side my sons school football match was cancelled so i wont have to stand on the side lines in the pissing rain:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

today is a paperwork day for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

If you were living on the west coast like some of us, you would be an alcholic by now;)
    Over here, we ALWAYS, have the waterproofs hanging and drying off in the shed. Chances are you will need them, to get the work done. Simple as that.
    As for sh1t and muck underfoot, that's also normal, so the wellies, have to be right next to the waterproofs:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

MfMan wrote: »
    There's plenty for you to be doing even if it's wet - go and wash down or tidy up a few sheds if you've nothing better on.

Astonishingly, here in the west a drop of rain would be no harm. Drying the past week or so has been very hard and little of the moisture that the east and south received. Sup of rain now would wash in the slurry from the weekend.

Feck the cleaning

go down the pub and get hammered Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

dry, but a biting cold wind in galway;
    i noticed the tips of silage grass a bit burnt with wind/frost :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Farming and hangovers just don't work together...........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It's all fair and well for ye full time farmers ;)
    Running off to the pub when the weather is bad.

Us part timers hse to do a days work no matter the weather and then farm when we get home, ye have it handy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The 'trouble' with going to the pub is you loose two days....

In saying that tis often a great release... so long as it doesn't become a habit.

.......like the lad that went to get a wisdom tooth pulled and asked the dentist if he could see the two farms he'd drank.

• Advertisement

pakalasa wrote: »
    Farming and hangovers just don't work together...........:rolleyes:

Hangover, what hangover?

A beer with the weetabix and your sorted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

whelan1 wrote: »
    putting cows back in tonight:cool: on the plus side my sons school football match was cancelled so i wont have to stand on the side lines in the pissing rain:)

I kept them in today, and again tonight, terrible for the start of May.

Min wrote: »
    I kept them in today, and again tonight, terrible for the start of May.

Your balls, your bottles of beer or your cows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Since i saw this thread this morning i started getting a lip on me , and I havent had a pint in weeks . So I think ill chance a few seems as we have a soft evening :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Heard an old saying from a sligo woman describing a day like today 'Tis a day for the settle bed or the high stool'

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

heard a builder say this a long time ago, more than once,

on a really hot day "jayses tis a great day for a beer garden"

and on a piss3r of a day, "jaysus tis a day for the high stool"

the same lad ended up on the dole during the boom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Muckit wrote: »
    Your balls, your bottles of beer or your cows?

Hurling balls and cows...out again today though.

I was never fond of the beer or alcohol in general, but I think that is in my genes.

Advertisement