Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tornado in Toulouse, France 29/04/12

• 01-05-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

A girl in work here lives in France was saying about this tornado the other day. Her dad guessing (60+ can't remember in his life of one) No damage reported.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭weisses

without that irritating music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭xper

Lovely day for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Great video but it barely seemed to move from the one spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looks fake to me, how could you have one part of the funnell at the top pointed at the end and then come out of the cloud wide at top and different color.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looks fake to me, how could you have one part of the funnell at the top pointed at the end and then come out of the cloud wide at top and different color.

Do you mean near the end, looks like water vapour to me, quiet possible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Those concrete power line poles look really ugly.

Weirdest tornado I've ever seen - and I've seen none, come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

they're saying it's snow, and one of the guys asks the girl if she's recording that because no one will believe them, and that it's like in the States. The girl is saying that there's things flying around in it, and they're wondering if there's a house below it or if it's just the field.
    One says there's a car behind them, and the other car is slowing down too, watching it. The boys want to stay and wait for it, the girls say no, move on...
    I'm French and from the sound of them it seems real, but I don't know, people could act out the whole thing too.
    I'll check the French news quickly maybe...

just checked, and yes, there's other angles, and a few reports.
    http://youtu.be/2BCGsQutmbA
    and this one is good :
    http://youtu.be/yM_Spvskoio
    they're saying it's sucking up all the dust, thus the colour I suppose.
    and a gorgeous taste of that storm, just before the tornado.
    http://youtu.be/xoONS_o2_x4

I miss the French storms :(

edit : can't help but ad this French storm chaser timelapse, not a great timelapse but it does show the cell well.
    http://youtu.be/dBkeoleQxYg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Wish I could still understand that, used to be quite fluent in French when I finished school :rolleyes:

It's an odd looking thing in that there's no real funnel extending from the cloud but as you say the colour is probably just down to dust being sucked into the tornado. The other views confirming that it can't possibly be fake. Time to read a bit more about condensation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Harps wrote: »
    It's an odd looking thing in that there's no real funnel extending from the cloud but as you say the colour is probably just down to dust being sucked into the tornado.

In fact one of the most dangerous aspects of a tornado is that it is strictly invisible. We do actually only see them when they are carrying dust and debris into the funnel and the air.

There is in fact a funnel all the way to the ground, but this weak tornado was not dragging the dust all the way up.

I'm glad for the other postings, as TBH, it sort of had a manipulated look to it, but I've seen this effect on a few shows previously so therefore was hesitant to call it such.

Good captures all round.

• Advertisement

Harps wrote: »
    Wish I could still understand that, used to be quite fluent in French when I finished school :rolleyes:

They have a bit of a Southern accent, makes it more difficult to understand when it's a foreign language to you, and the French language people speak nowadays has a lot of new phrases that you wouldn't have learned at school.

The colour does make it looks mad in the distance.

Any time you guys are stuck with something in French I'm just a PM away, no worries. I'm a lyonnaise, moved from Lyon to Ireland in the 90s.

Advertisement