Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

idiots coughing

• 01-05-2012 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

There's someone at work with a persistent high pitched cough. Drives me mad. What's it with some people. I never have had reason to cough constantly ..ugh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You could always shank them. Like in the joint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

There's someone at work with a persistent high pitched cough. Drives me mad. What's it with some people. I never have had reason to cough constantly ..ugh

maybe they have lung cancer

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Probably giving you the AIDS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

cournioni wrote: »

Probably giving you the AIDS.

It's not the aids but the damn ufhhhhhhh. Can't they shut up . Time for lunch LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Have the same thing in work today. He also has alot of phlem that he is trying to clear.
    Turns my stomach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

At least you arent stuck in a workplace where someone sings along to the radio and reckons themselves pretty good at it. But hey the radio only plays the same dozen songs about 50 times a day.

My sanity is like a frayed rope right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

It's not the aids but the damn ufhhhhhhh. Can't they shut up . Time for lunch LOL

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

People cough OP, it's a natural occurence and if the person has a cough or cold then they're going to be cough all the time, it's uncontrollable in that regard,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Jaysus, you'd a been great company in Auschwitz.

buy him some cough drops on your lunch, ya irritable git

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

It's the sneezy people i dont get. Why do they have to make such a song and dance about a poxy sneeze. Aaaaaahhh Choooooo. Fúck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

They probably have a swan caught in their throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Kiera wrote: »
    It's the sneezy people i dont get. Why do they have to make such a song and dance about a poxy sneeze. Aaaaaahhh Choooooo. Fúck off!
    They're trying to encourage more of them to see if they can cum... like the myth!

i heard if you hold it in your eye balls can pop out of your head :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Felexicon wrote: »
    Have the same thing in work today. He also has alot of phlem that he is trying to clear.
    Turns my stomach

A guy I knew at worked was phlegmed up like this every day of the year! I was always tempted to tell him to just give it one big cough and it'd all be okay:pac:. Surely his issue was more than that though..

People who don't cover coughs and in particular, sneezes, appall me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

*cough*

*cough*

shut it or i'll kick your head in! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It could be a seal, club it.

Snifflers. A guy beside me on the dart the other day kept sniffling, not with a runny nose but clearly with significant thick phlegm build up blocking his entire nose and I think his throat was quite phlegmy too. He kept doing bit huge disgusting sniffs, swallowing it, and then letting out a big deep breath. On a crowded train!

So I was going to offer him a tissue to try to hint to him to blow his nose, but his mate offered him one before I got the chance. I was so relieved. He said "oh yeah thanks I'd love one", his mate gave him one, he wiped the very bottom of his nose and put the thing in his pocket, and continued his disgusting germ filled sniffs.

I get that some people don't want to give their nose a big blow in public, because it can sound a bit disgusting, but his sniffs were so gross, I could hear him swallowing his phlegm, ugh. I'm not squeamish but it was just so ridiculous and unhygenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

"Right lads, turn out the lights there and we'll get started on the presentation" queue....

*cough* *cough* *cough**cough**cough**cough*
    *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough***cough*
    *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*
    *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*
    *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* *sniiiiiiiiiiif*

for 10 minutes, drives me f**king nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Theres nothing better than loudly coughing up a huge green one at lunch and watching everyone trying to continue eating as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's the over he top sneezing that only annoys me. I really think some blokes treat a sneeze like an e penis! Next time one of the lads in work make an over the top sneeze I'd be tempted to look them up and down, then stare into their eyes and say, "wow, your penis must be huge... Are you married?" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

It's the over he top sneezing that only annoys me. I really think some blokes treat a sneeze like an e penis! Next time one of the lads in work make an over the top sneeze I'd be tempted to look them up and down, then stare into their eyes and say, "wow, your penis must be huge... Are you married?" :P

Whats an e penis?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Same at concerts, in the library etc. Yuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Whats an e penis?

All you need to know is that mine is waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than yours.

Roughly 22 times bigger.

*Runs away before Mike65 arrives*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I hate people who sneeze loud more. Jesus cant you control yourself and not have a fúcking fit spaz attack all over the room when you sneeze?

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH CHOOOOOOOOSHPLURTHSUHT;LAHUSHTUH HAUHAUEHAUHEEEEE.

Christ almightly :mad:

Do i get an e-penis prize for having the biggest?

/maybe a life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah theyre doing it simply to annoy you and absolutely nothing to do with the probable chest/throat infection they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭thomasj

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I hate people who sneeze loud more. Jesus cant you control yourself and not have a fúcking fit spaz attack all over the room when you sneeze?

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH CHOOOOOOOOSHPLURTHSUHT;LAHUSHTUH HAUHAUEHAUHEEEEE.

Christ almightly :mad:

I couldn't care less as long as it doesn't land on me.

• Advertisement

Seachmall wrote: »
    All you need to know is that mine is waaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than yours.

Roughly 22 times bigger.

*Runs away before Mike65 arrives*
    Awwh now I feel like **** :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Whats an e penis?
    It's similar to the matrix in that no one can really be told what an e penis is, they have to see it for their selves.

They're very similar o unicorns though. :p

It's similar to the matrix in that no one can really be told what an e penis is, they have to see it for their selves.

They're very similar o unicorns though. :p
    Is this a Derby O'Gill and the little people thread?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Littering their local greens with chunks of bread as well, I shouldn't wonder. Scumbags of the highest order.

Seriously, did Force Yourself to get Ridiculously Indignant over Really Trivial **** Day come early this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Because a sneeze is one tenth of an orgasm... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Perhaps he is sick?
    Just throwing it out there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

du Maurier wrote: »
    A guy I knew at worked was phlegmed up like this every day of the year! I was always tempted to tell him to just give it one big cough and it'd all be okay:pac:. Surely his issue was more than that though..

People who don't cover coughs and in particular, sneezes, appall me.

Or people who dont clear their throats when required. You know when you can hear that they need to clear it when they are talking, but they still keep doing the hoarsey-croaky thing? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is a person who works with me and has a horrible cough. They don't cover their mouth and you can usually hear them before you see them

There is a person who works with me and has a horrible cough. They don't cover their mouth and you can usually hear them before you see them

Oh god someone was walking around the corner in town and didn’t put their hand to their mouth when they coughed and I got a big dirty greener down the front of my jacket. :mad:

Oh god someone was walking around the corner in town and didn’t put their hand to their mouth when they coughed and I got a big dirty greener down the front of my jacket. :mad:

Ewwww!!

I don't know how I'd react to that. Probably paralysed with rage

Ewwww!!

I was about 14 and started crying with the anger. Him rubbing it in to my jacket trying to get rid of it didn’t help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I would have puked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Nasty. Suffice to say, you've relayed a story that 'wins' the thread. Sometimes a withering look doesn't just do it in that instance.

Ewwww!!

I was about 14 and started crying with the anger. Him rubbing it in to my jacket trying to get rid of it didn’t help.

Maybe he was trying to get a feel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭comeback_kid

when i was a lad growing up in rural ireland , during mass , instead of praying along , the aul fellas at the back of the church would cough for a full three quaters of an hour , was like a back and forth tenis match , some would pull a hankey out of thier full length coat every so often and proceed to unleash a mighty flow

Maybe he was trying to get a feel :D

Doubt it. I was like an ironing board at that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

du Maurier wrote: »
    Nasty. Suffice to say, you've relayed a story that 'wins' the thread. Sometimes a withering look doesn't just do it in that instance.
    Once spat a greener down a woman's top by accident, i did apologise but what can you do really?

I had coughed a nasty one up, and i just turned to spit it out, granted i should have used a tissue, or at least looked before turning to spit...anyway, down her top it went, nice summer's day. I even felt a bit sick seeing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I hate hearing people breathe. ****ing stop already, I'm trying to live my life and every idiot around me is breathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Bunch a moaners !!

Advertisement