Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car break ins around Dooradoyle- heads up

• 01-05-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Housemate had his window smashed last night around Huntsfield area, our next door neighbour had all his wheels stolen last week so we reckon it was the same crowd who spotted the car and came back for it, pain in the balls now constantly wondering if every car door outside is some dickless scummer looking to rob someones wheels or steal something. Cops were good about it though got there pretty quickly, only for the neighbour saw them at it after he heard the window being busted they could have gotten something.

Comments

jesus whats this world coming to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Whats the area like? is it quiet - Just live up the road in Raheen and car gets parked outside the house more often than not. Just wondering if its worth moving into driveway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its really quiet and loads of familes around where I live, there's hardly any street lights though and its a cul de sac so they parked up at the top and the other one went at the car, from what the neighbour said its either a black Saab or a Passat they're using. I live at the back of the house so didnt even hear it, used a screwdriver or something to break the bottom of the window and it shattered the rest. thieving fcukers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Man thats sickening - I would be so pissed off if something happened my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

I know the feeling. Had my windows smashed in on Sunday in town. Lesson learnt, do not leave anything on display for these scumf**ks.

• Advertisement

toetatoe wrote: »
    I know the feeling. Had my windows smashed in on Sunday in town. Lesson learnt, do not leave anything on display for these scumf**ks.

wasnt on Roches St was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 toetatoe

Indeed it was.

friend of mine mentioned he drove past and saw a car with its windows smashed around there, ugh, scummers. nothing worse than being burgled or vandalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

What was the car that the wheels were stolen off it?I'd never leave anything on view when I'm parked up anywhere, it's only inviting someone into smashing a window and grabbing.

What was the car that the wheels were stolen off it?I'd never leave anything on view when I'm parked up anywhere, it's only inviting someone into smashing a window and grabbing.

was a Passat, the one broken into was a Golf gti, we reckon they broke the window to try get the locking nut out of the boot to rob the alloys, thats how they got the wheels off the other one last week. Passats seems to be the knacker mobile of choice these days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

krudler wrote: »
    was a Passat, the one broken into was a Golf gti, we reckon they broke the window to try get the locking nut out of the boot to rob the alloys, thats how they got the wheels off the other one last week. Passats seems to be the knacker mobile of choice these days
    VAG wheels are disappearing at a fierce rate alright, any time I hear of a car missing wheels it's a VW Audi or Seat

Advertisement