Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving email notifications on some threads

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,017 ✭✭✭✭

This thread was marked as resolved so I decided to open a new thread.

The problem is similar to the issues in the thread linked to above but its more to do with instant notification emails of new posts in threads I am subscribed to. As an example there was a new post (no. 33) in this thread this morning but I didn't receive an email alert.

Likewise a new post (no. 68) in this thread and no notification received.

This happens sporadically and by and large email notifications are received for the majority of the subscribed threads. Not a major issue but just thought I'd flag it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,613 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Same behaviour happening for me, been going on for quite a while, posted about it back here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75600030. It's rare, maybe one out of every 25 emails don't get sent, but on-going

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Know what's tough to solve? Sporadic bugs with no discernible patterns :)

We'll keep it on the radar though, thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Apologies if this is open somewhere else, but I'm not receiving any email notifications on threads I'm subscribed to.

My default choice when I follow or post in a thread is instant notification, and for the past week or so I haven't received any notifications. In my control panel on the Subscriptions page, I can see the threads and they all have notification set to 'Instant'.

I've checked my spam folder (Gmail) but they're not there. The last notification I received on any thread was the 17th of August.

I can provide any other info that might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

lukester wrote: »
    I can provide any other info that might help.

I think it's more important that you fix up your email address :)
    routing defer (-51): retry time not reached
    R=dnslookup defer (-1): host lookup did not complete

I've used online tools to try to resolve your domain to an IP address, all have failed. I've visited your domain in Chrome, I get a server not found. I've pinged your domain, no results. Basically, your email address server is not connectable.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Bugger, where's the blush smiley.

That email is routed to gmail, I forgot I registered my account using it.

Sorry for wasting your time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement