Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Charges

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi THere

Quick questions. In order to satisfy my account for free banking I must lodge over €3000 per quarter and do the 9 transcations. My question is if i transfer money from one account to another ( and correct me if im wrong, this counts as one of the 9 ) does the money transferred form part of the €3000 that is to be lodged,

Please let me know if i am right

thanks
    JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi JB81,

Thank you for your question.
    Can I ask if you are referring to two Bank of Ireland current accounts in your above example?

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Hi Linda

Yes 2 Current Accounts.

Thanks
    JB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi JB81,

Thanks for getting back to me.
    For this example we will refer to the two current accounts with Bank of Ireland as account A and account B:

If you transfer 9 transactions from account A to account B, that means that account A has the 9 debit payments but none of the €3000 lodgement. Account B would have part of the €3000 lodgement but none of the 9 debit payments. To qualify for the no transaction fees offer you would have to do the 9 transactions and lodge €3000 into both accounts.

I hope this makes it clearer for you and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

JB81
    I like yourself have 2 current accounts.
    i get wages transferred monthly into one account, I then transfer all of the wages into the second account.
    I then move most of it back to account 1.
    this happens once a month.
    i also do 9 one euro transactions debit and credit to both of the accounts every quarter.

this seems to work for myself and I have never been charged a fee.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement