Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm coming from fusebox/trip switch board!!!!!!

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭

there is a very high pitched alarm coming from the main trip switch board in my utility.

it was raining heavily this morning, and since 11am (for the past 3 hours) there has been a constant high pitched tone coming from a little speaker mounted beside the fusebox. even after turning off the main power switch, it still sounds!

all the trip switches are functioning correctly and nothing was tripped or shorted from what i can see.

any ideas what's causing this?

already rang esb, they said all they can do is turn off the power at the meter.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This might be an audiable warning of some sort comming from an intruder alarm located near your distribution board. It may still sound when mains power is removed. Can you post a picture?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

thanks for the willingness to help 2011, but it's ok.
    problem solved and i don't feel like an idiot at all!

i'm guessing that the device i removed beside the main distribution box and held close to my ear in the middle of the lawn was an intruder alarm.

standing in the middle of the garden in the rain, yet failing to notice anything audible coming from the disconnected device left me very puzzled, considering i could still hear the ringing in the utility.

my eyes scoured the room, only to notice a slightly lop-sided halfords battery jumper pack thing leaning up against the wall, with the power switch semi-depressed and left in a state of on/off limbo causing the high pitched ringing!!

idiot moment of the week goes to.....

Advertisement