Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopard Gecko Feeding Cost

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I really want to purchase a leopard gecko for my birthday, but I can't really find much information online as to how much they would cost to feed frown.gif My main concern is how much the crickets would cost per week or two?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They wouldnt cost very much at all.

A box of medium brown crickets costs between 2.50 and 3.50 and would probably last a week depending on how much the gecko eats.

Crickets will also live longer if you feed them occasionaly and mist thier containers with water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NinjaBubbles

Oh wow that's a lot cheaper than what I thought it would be...:D
    And what stuff would I be looking to buy for the crickets and how much does that cost? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Oh wow that's a lot cheaper than what I thought it would be...:D
    And what stuff would I be looking to buy for the crickets and how much does that cost? :pac:

A calcium supplement taht you blow over them..it costs about a fiver and will last forver..as for feeding them,lettuce,apple,bits of broccoli..anything really and they'll eat it.

Thats great thank you very much! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

i keep leo's , they cos feck all to keep , set up is simple , they love mealworms , put in a dish for water , one for food and a bottle cap with supplements they will lick at ,

all the gecko's need to eat is live food no fruit veg or anything like that ,
    they dont need a heatbulb or uv , just a good heatmat ,

meal worms , roaches ect get a good supply and breed them then its even cheaper and simple to breed

i have 11 leo's 8 beardies and a desert iggy (he loves live food ) to fee live food to , i buy it in bulk online , saves a fortune

you picked a good time to get a gecko with every one hatching eggs about now :D

but honestly for one gecko about 3 euro every 2 weeks id say depending how much it eats ,

feel free to pm me if you want any more info

• Advertisement

That is really, really helpful thank you!
    I only discovered last year that I'm pretty much a reptile person :D I have two terrapins and they're the best to feed!
    Guess I was lucky with my bday this year if babies be a hatching :rolleyes:
    I'm stuck between whether I want to get a leopard gecko or a crested gecko :O
    but they're much cheaper to feed than I thought, didn't want to be running down to the pet shop every couple of days :pac:
    Just have to get used to the whole live food thing :(
    Thanks again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

That is really, really helpful thank you!
    I only discovered last year that I'm pretty much a reptile person :D I have two terrapins and they're the best to feed!
    Guess I was lucky with my bday this year if babies be a hatching :rolleyes:
    I'm stuck between whether I want to get a leopard gecko or a crested gecko :O
    but they're much cheaper to feed than I thought, didn't want to be running down to the pet shop every couple of days :pac:
    Just have to get used to the whole live food thing :(
    Thanks again!!

turtles are cool , i have one also ,
    the whole livefeeding is easy , and a leo is a great lizard to start with as they dont requier a huge setup , beardies are geat also but cost moe to keep and feed

Advertisement