Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of old magazines in Carlow?

Options
  • 01-05-2012 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

Over the years I've bought hundreds, maybe even a couple of thousand, of music and guitar magazines. Now I need to get rid of some of them fairly quickly. I still have to sort out what I want to keep and what to give away, but I have no idea what to do with them after that.

I want to give these magazines away rather than sell them as I'm in a bit of a hurry to make space and I haven't got time to look for someone to buy them or to answer questions about what bands are in these magazines. Does anyone know of somewhere in Carlow that might take them? Is there a charity shop that would take them? I might be giving away a couple of hundred, maybe more, so I don't know if a charity shop would accept that many, or if they would even accept magazines in the first place.

Has anyone got any other suggestions? I want them to go to someone that would appreciate them and enjoy reading them. I need to get rid of them in the next week or so but I really don't want to just throw them out.

I don't trust Freecycle by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Try donate them to the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

ken wrote: »
    Try donate them to the library.
    That's a good idea. It's worth a try. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im sure a barabers and some hairdressers will take some off you maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

The Sue Ryder Charity Shop on Dublin Street takes magazines :)

http://www.facebook.com/suerydershopcarlow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Over the years I've bought hundreds, maybe even a couple of thousand, of music and guitar magazines. Now I need to get rid of some of them fairly quickly. I still have to sort out what I want to keep and what to give away, but I have no idea what to do with them after that.

I want to give these magazines away rather than sell them as I'm in a bit of a hurry to make space and I haven't got time to look for someone to buy them or to answer questions about what bands are in these magazines. Does anyone know of somewhere in Carlow that might take them? Is there a charity shop that would take them? I might be giving away a couple of hundred, maybe more, so I don't know if a charity shop would accept that many, or if they would even accept magazines in the first place.

Has anyone got any other suggestions? I want them to go to someone that would appreciate them and enjoy reading them. I need to get rid of them in the next week or so but I really don't want to just throw them out.

I don't trust Freecycle by the way.

donate them to the library.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've decided to give them to the Sue Ryder shop.

Advertisement