Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT transfer

Options
  • 01-05-2012 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm currently a first year in DT104 auctioneering, valuation & estate agency. I am doing well in my course and one of my lecturers thinks I should transfer to the level 8 Property Economics. I have to talk to my head of department as nothing is certain yet but i'm unsure if I should! Has anyone done this transfer before or have any information on how much harder property economics is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

irishsatch wrote: »
    I'm currently a first year in DT104 auctioneering, valuation & estate agency. I am doing well in my course and one of my lecturers thinks I should transfer to the level 8 Property Economics. I have to talk to my head of department as nothing is certain yet but i'm unsure if I should! Has anyone done this transfer before or have any information on how much harder property economics is?

Its good to see a fellow AVEA head around here. First of all I would talk to Martin H as is head of school for real estate. I would think that if you were to transfer into PED it would be dependant on your marks at both Xmas and Summer. However the PED course would be a step up in terms of standard. The course structure is pretty much the same in terms of vals, economics, quants and construction (to an extent).

The best advice set up a meeting with Martin and broach the subject. In my time in DIT I havent heard of anyone move from AVEA to PED from first year of one course into another, thats not too say it cant happen!

Let us know how you get on, Id be interested to know!

HTH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 irishsatch

We had a mature student move up at xmas to PED and he says that it is pretty similar. I am keen on doing investments and I know that PED covers that more. I'll be meeting Martin tomorrow to ask more about the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

irishsatch wrote: »
    We had a mature student move up at xmas to PED and he says that it is pretty similar. I am keen on doing investments and I know that PED covers that more. I'll be meeting Martin tomorrow to ask more about the course!

Jaysus so it does happen! Yeah Martin will have the answers to your questions!

Good luck with it!

Advertisement