Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can someone please explain this to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Can't view a video here. What modem? Wireless or Ethernet?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aaron547

roast wrote: »
    Can't view a video here. What modem? Wireless or Ethernet?

wireless got it with the upc 50mb connection

What modem? Thomson or Cisco?
    Is the same problem happening over Ethernet?

What modem? Thomson or Cisco?
    Is the same problem happening over Ethernet?

cisco i am not sure i havent tested it but when i had 30 mb with my old modem and router this problem never occurred

You might need to change the channel setting on your router. Use Inssider to check what channels are congested, and change your modems channel setting to broadcast on a less-congested channel.

• Advertisement

You might need to change the channel setting on your router. Use Inssider to check what channels are congested, and change your modems channel setting to broadcast on a less-congested channel.

I am back it didn't help atol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You cannot depend on Wireless for your connection, so switch to Ethernet and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then you have a wireless issue, and those can be difficult to solve.

That video just shows a speed test, and I don't really see anything wrong with it. Your connection isn't dropping.

jor el wrote: »
    You cannot depend on Wireless for your connection, so switch to Ethernet and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then you have a wireless issue, and those can be difficult to solve.

That video just shows a speed test, and I don't really see anything wrong with it. Your connection isn't dropping.

no the speeds are dropping as you can see it stays at the same speed for a while about 10mb and then jumps it shouldnt do that

You won't notice much difference in online gaming when it comes to speed once you over something like 5Mb, nevermind 30Mb.

Also, as suggested above, use ethernet, not wireless for gaming...

Advertisement