Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos saorview box, 49.99

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Do you have an Alba yourself or would you recommend another one? I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful one that works well...
    At this stage I'd only recommend the approved vestel clones. Better boxes are due any day now (like they have been for a while). You can use it to record when you upgrade your TV.

The magic Freesat + Saorview box isn't happening any day soon. ( Some €300 linux boxes can do this with programming ) - all combos give you one EPG not both.

Dublin airport arrival times and Lotto results are two deal breakers.
    If you shop around you will only save €10-15 on an approved box.

If money is that tight then get the USB one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The Tesco Technica T8030 box is Saorview approved: http://www.saorview.ie/product/technika/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I picked up one of those Alba b660 boxes,delighted with it so far,easy to set up.Though some of the uk channels especially sky news, freeze the odd time.Is there any way of improving this or it just a reception/cabling issue?
    Another question-Mate of mine said ,on first time set up,i should set it to Germany not Ireland as it pulls in more stations,doubt this is true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭ooter

toby2111 wrote: »
    I picked up one of those Alba b660 boxes,delighted with it so far,easy to set up.Though some of the uk channels especially sky news, freeze the odd time.Is there any way of improving this or it just a reception/cabling issue?
    Another question-Mate of mine said ,on first time set up,i should set it to Germany not Ireland as it pulls in more stations,doubt this is true?

How are you getting UK channels?
    edit: just saw from some of your other posts,you live in louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Yeh,in louth so presume i get digital overspill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement