Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Flying Club

Options
  • 01-05-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just wondering is there many people in mayo intrested in rc?
    Im thinking about setting up a club. I think i might have a field for it. It would be about 10miles from castlebar. This is just in the early stages!

Any feedback would be great.

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quandry

Sorry I'm not around Mayo but fair play to you for having a crack at it!

Do you have any tips on how to find flying friendly fields/farms?? I would like to get something going just beyond Celbridge (Kildare) but I'm at a loss of where to even start.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 keithn4

Quandry wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not around Mayo but fair play to you for having a crack at it!

Do you have any tips on how to find flying friendly fields/farms?? I would like to get something going just beyond Celbridge (Kildare) but I'm at a loss of where to even start.

Well for me its an old sports ground, its also common land. The local community own it. I Have to fully look in to it yet, and see what sort of feedback i get here. It would be nice to meet a few more people who are into the hobby.
    There has never been any problem with my brother and I flying there. We even have a run way made. Just have to look into how they will react if its set up as a proper club.

But after that ive no idea what to do, as ive never been a member of a club.

Maybe you could get friendly with a local farmer. Buy him a supercub, Get him into rc, you would be sorted then.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quandry

keithn4 wrote: »
    Maybe you could get friendly with a local farmer. Buy him a supercub, Get him into rc, you would be sorted then.:D:D

Super cub comment gave me a smile :) Now I just need a way to meet farmers without coming across the wrong way LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bodlfc

Hi , I can't help you meet a friendly farmer but I am a keen electric Aero Enthusiast and I live in the Kiltimagh area , I thinks it's a fantastic idea u have as there is nothing worse than flying alone day after day (weather Permitting) . If there is anything I can do to help I'd be available to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

you could ask here see how many are in mayo like all you need is around 6 to start of with not far from castlebar myself started flying helis a year ago http://rcireland.com/forum.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bodlfc

Should get together at some stage to discuss or even a fly-in at the proposed site - just an idea but don't want too impose.

Advertisement