Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging an ADSL Router from a cable box

Options
  • 01-05-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi I had broadband installed through an antenna (Airmax via fastcom, Not sure of the correct term)
    I was supplied with a little Linksys modem 1port box. It also had the phone line out on it so i need that.
    What I have done is chain an ADSL 4 port wifi Router to it and ran everything off that. There is a bridging option on the 4 port for internet connection and this seems to work perfect. I have added all the wifi gear in the house and cabled in a pc so everything is working perfect or so it seems.
    The XBox will not connect to XBox Live via the wifi but does from the cable. I am pretty sure the problem is not on the XBox side but on the wifi config on the router.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Is the linksys a router or just a modem? Usually in this setup, if the linksys is a router, you'd disable most functionality on the ADSL router (google for router as an AP) in order to stop it interfering with the functions on the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Hijpo

If the Wifi on the router works with other wireless gear then it could be your xbox

Advertisement