Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is puking really contagious ?

• 01-05-2012 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

I mean is I see , smell or even hear someone puking , Im odds on favourite to Puke too . Even if I see it on TV i will retch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

WIZE wrote: »
    I mean is I see , smell or even hear someone puking , Im odds on favourite to Puke too . Even if I see it on TV i will retch

Cleaning up cat **** makes me puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

It's not contagious in the same way the gay is contagious. It's indirectly contagious, which isn't really "contagious" at all.

Also, "contagious" is one of those weird words that looses all meaning after repeated use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nah I just poke and laugh.

Unless its a girlfriend, then I hold her hair back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It really is. The smell, the noise, the look of it.

*Bleugh!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

when i read this i immediately thought of the cameraman in the Jackass shows lol....anytime somebody got sick you would see him puking aswell:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yawning is contagious. And a puke is just a yawn with vomit thrown in so I suppose puking might be contagious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Dont make me sick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

I think it is necessary to spend a couple of million euro for research before anyone comes up with a valid conclusion.
    It's totally worth it though. Explaining this process will be a huge step for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

like a true gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Old Tom wrote: »
    I think it is necessary to spend a couple of million euro for research before anyone comes up with a valid conclusion.
    It's totally worth it though. Explaining this process will be a huge step for humanity.

Mirror neurons reacting with phantosmia.

Now where's my money?!

• Advertisement

Seachmall wrote: »
    Mirror neurons reacting with phantosmia.

Now where's my money?!

Let me puke it out for you.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Unless its a girlfriend, then I hold her hair back with one hand and grab her hip with the other while I tear into her.

FYP :D

It's not contagious. You just have a weak stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Organic Cavity

It's not contagious. You just have a weak stomach.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It must be contagious, because when our three year old decided to heave up a burger onto a table on a Stena ferry, three or four other people rushed out of the restaurant holding their hands in front of their mouths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Yeah - you wouldn't want her to get any puke on her armpits.

Back on topic, looking at this footage it appears to be highly contagious:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's probably contagious for a reason.

If we were cavemen and ate berries from the same bush or meat from some found animal or similar and the food was poisonous, then whoever puked first would trigger everyone else to puke and thus saving the tribe from extinction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I feel like getting sick, it's hard to keep it back. I just take deep long breaths, and hope it will pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

It's not contagious...it's a sympathy puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

RichieC wrote: »
    Cleaning up cat **** makes me puke.

Me too:( Why is it so bad and dog sh1t isn't as bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I never puked in my life:) not even when I was a baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

biko wrote: »
    It's probably contagious for a reason.

If we were cavemen and ate berries from the same bush or meat from some found animal or similar and the food was poisonous, then whoever puked first would trigger everyone else to puke and thus saving the tribe from extinction.

Get out of here with your sensible talk!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Can be,we had a smokin sees. in me room one afternoon years ago,one greenies,puked and it was that foul the other 3 of us followed suit.was that bad we (after we recovered) we had to cut the carpet out and fcuk it out de window.hard to explain that to the mother when your 15 and on de hop from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

wow if your girlfriend looks anything like you do in your avatar thats ALOT of hair fur to hold back ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It must be contagious, because when our three year old decided to heave up a burger onto a table on a Stena ferry, three or four other people rushed out of the restaurant holding their hands in front of their mouths.

lack of sea legs or poor hygiene (a common problem on ferries and cruise ships) was more likely the cause

Advertisement