Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Duffy 10mile August 25th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Map shows you turning up towards CastleKnock.

Not sure how i am fix for this race, not in the condition i was in it for last year, but ran it sick in a time of 77:50. So be interesting to see what i do this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mich@el

I didn't get my race number yet and the race is tomorrow - the web site is not responding.

Any suggestions for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

mich@el wrote: »
    I didn't get my race number yet and the race is tomorrow - the web site is not responding.
    Any suggestions for me ?

If you go to the FM 104 road caster trunk on the morning there should be Race Series people that can help you out. Have you emailed raceseries@dublinmarathon.ie

emerald007 wrote: »
    If you go to the FM 104 road caster trunk on the morning there should be Race Series people that can help you out. Have you emailed raceseries@dublinmarathon.ie

Thanks - I have just e-mailed them now.

I e-mailed and Jean has quickly replied and sorted things for me. I'll collect backup number tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

NiallG4 wrote: »
    I don't think we turn right up to Castleknock gate for a U-turn. Do we not just turn left and straight down Chesterfield Avenue

apologies. You are correct.

We turn right at mountjoy cross according to the pdf on the website.

http://dublinmarathon.ie/map12_10mile.pdf

Is this wrong so, where is the map for the correct course.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Thanks

That's the version from the website so its correct I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Was in the same boat with my number, never had problems before but will get a replacement tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Thanks

Then I think they've changed the route, or rather they've changed the route map that was on the site. I went over it with a colleague during the week and the run up to the Castleknock Gate wasn't on it, I also think there had been a kink around the triangle by the Ashtown Castle, that's also gone. And I know we weren't looking at the HM map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

outforarun wrote: »
    Then I think they've changed the route, or rather they've changed the route map that was on the site. I went over it with a colleague during the week and the run up to the Castleknock Gate wasn't on it, I also think there had been a kink around the triangle by the Ashtown Castle, that's also gone. And I know we weren't looking at the HM map.

i think you are right about the kink. would have been a mess in that corner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

The forecast for the morning has improved.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

Looking forward to getting to the starting line. I never really enjoy the 15 hours before a race. Starting to get a bit nervy.

Hope the goody bag is worth it. Not interested in shaving foam or bananas. I promised the kids chocolate.

Good luck everyone. See you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Had to pull out of this due to foot injury but good luck to everyone doing this tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Gear packed and checked , number checked in bag ... and then again .... and then again..
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow , I hope everyone gets the time you are looking for

huskerdu wrote: »
    The forecast for the morning has improved.

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

Looking forward to getting to the starting line. I never really enjoy the 15 hours before a race. Starting to get a bit nervy.

Hope the goody bag is worth it. Not interested in shaving foam or bananas. I promised the kids chocolate.

Good luck everyone. See you there

Don't expect much from goodie bag. U get the bare minimum . Might change this year

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭SomeUnusedName

Awake an nearly on the way. Very excited about the race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Stupid question time but i couldnt find an answer on the letter or the race site.

Is there a baggage area for this race?
    I got what i think is a sticker for it but i dont see it mentioned anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Agent J wrote: »
    Stupid question time but i couldnt find an answer on the letter or the race site.

Is there a baggage area for this race?
    I got what i think is a sticker for it but i dont see it mentioned anywhere...

Yes, there it. The sticker is for your bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

I presume the shuttle bus is still available this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

BenMicheal wrote: »
    I presume the shuttle bus is still available this year?

Yup. Says on the thingy i got with my race pack. Last one at 09.30hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭PainIsTemporary

Any results in? Overall/Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Bit of a debacle for me but one cannot expect much when injured and having not run either 10 miles or a 20 mile week for the first time in 2 months at least i got around hopefully injury free in a hideous 8009-worst 10 mile time since 2009:o NO point complaining about the narrow paths as there was ample opportunity on Chesterfield etc to put the hammer down if it was in the legs.biggest surprise was a white t-shirt and not purple--didn't see that coming but it's very decent.lots of bananas,pears,apples etc so great value as always and the wind was not too bad.Good race if properly prepared and my 17th Phoenix Park race series one finished in a row but alas no award for it!!:)Hope all got around ok.

Any results in? Overall/Irish?
    Maria won the women's-fair play to her after the London 2012 oversight,results will appear here i would think http://www.tdl.ltd.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭PainIsTemporary

hawkwing wrote: »
    Maria won the women's-fair play to her after the London 2012 oversight

Impressive! Heard she ran around 55minutes. Top class running on that course. Any idea of men's results/times/Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

finished it in 86, very happy, fjrst 10 mile, great race, second lap was very tough, beween 6-9mile mark nearly killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I heard the announcer say some guy from Scotland won it in 50.05 I think. The first Irish runner came in 6th place. Can't remember the name right now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I heard the announcer say some guy from Scotland won it in 50.05 I think. The first Irish runner came in 6th place. Can't remember the name right now though.

Joe Mcallister? Sub 57 for me today so hit goal time but was tough going. Tougher than I would have liked.

statss wrote: »
    finished it in 86, very happy, fjrst 10 mile, great race, second lap was very tough, beween 6-9mile mark nearly killed me.
    I found the 9th mile toughest but was ok on 6/7/8,lack of training perhaps and guts too i suppose..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I found the 9th mile toughest but was ok on 6/7/8,lack of training perhaps and guts too i suppose..

I was delighted / relieved when I hit the 9mile mark, so I was nice and relaxed for the final mile, even got a sprint on for the end

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

+1 slowest mile by 30 seconds. Head and body were gone. Interested to see if others lost time on this mile.

Advertisement