Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye Blackberry...

Options
  • 01-05-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Have been a loyal supporter and user of Blackberry for over 10 years, mainly due to great mail integration and keyboard. Have just read below and they are dropping the keyboard in BB 10. Think this is really bad business mistake because anyone I know only sticks with BB cause of its great mail features and the keyboard.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403811,00.asp

Looks like I might be getting ready for the iPhone 5 (The "New" iPhone:D) or I like look of HTC One X, and then soon to be SGS 3?

Any other Blackberry loyalists out there that have thoughts on this too?

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Have been a loyal supporter and user of Blackberry for over 10 years, mainly due to great mail integration and keyboard. Have just read below and they are dropping the keyboard in BB 10. Think this is really bad business mistake because anyone I know only sticks with BB cause of its great mail features and the keyboard.

Looks like I might be getting ready for the iPhone 5 (The "New" iPhone:D) or I like look of HTC One X, and then soon to be SGS 3?

Paddy
    5 minutes with a decent soft keyboard on droid device and you'll wonder how you ever used the Blackberry keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

BlackBerry will release a new device with a physical keyboard at the end of this year or q1 of next year. In the mean time have a look at the proposed all touch keyboard for B10:
    http://irishtechnews.net/ITN3/first-look-at-bb10/

I'll probably get a BB10 with no keyboard when it launches around October time and may sell it to get a physical keyboard device although the keyboard above does look great. Have been a BB user since 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Hi Cookie... still don't have my hotspots! Onto vodafone data care recently and again they told me it was coming down... nothing. Have a new setting in Host Routing but not giving me hotspots. Don't hold much hope until VF Ireland officially support 7.1.

Will wait and see when they get keyboard based devices. Think it is very silly of them not to launch with keyboards as they will alienate a lot of customers very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The problem is that the "money" is in touch screens and, like you, I'm disappointed in them not launching a physical keyboard device first too but I understand why they have. I suspect though that the physical keyboard device will launch by the end of the year and if the predictive text capability of the new BB10 is half as good as it looks it should sway a lot ofphysical keyboard users over to all touch. Keep the faith ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Paddy

I'm totally in love with my 9900. Wouldn't like anything full-touch. Just not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Loving my BB 9900 too!! Wouldnt change it for a touchscreen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

I'm really excited about this new bb10 phone. Ive got the 9860 now and think the keyboard is ok, but do miss my 9700's physical keyboard. I think this will solve this problem, BlackBerry will has the best physical and virtual keyboards now.

Advertisement