Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hydrogen Peroxide

• 01-05-2012 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can buy the hydrogen peroxide used to whiten your teeth?

Comments

I don't know, but I just wanted to note that it can be very dangerous - please be careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Most chemists stock hydrogen peroxide solution. I will say though that it is absolutely crazy to even consider doing it yourself considering the risks of chemical burns on your gums, eroding tooth enamel and destroying your teeth permanently. Go to a trained professional like a dentist or dental hygienist. Use a good whitening toothpaste in the meantime [I find Blanx really good available in Boots]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you must do that, make sure it's the 3% peroxide you get (not the 6% which I've found is most common in pharmacies). I've seen it suggested a few places, but wouldn't risk it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭carey2010

Yeah thanks for the advice not going to do it its not worth the risk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Its perfectly safe to use if you know the correct concentration (<5%) and dont swallow it. Used neat it will literally strip the enamel from your teeth. Most dentists used carbamide peroxide, which is a longer lasting and slower to break down chemical. It basically breaks down to hydrogen peroxide and is used at >20% strength, concentrations you wont get in home whitening kits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Baking soda is really good for home whitening. And cheap! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭carey2010

Well i have yellow stains between my lower teeth due to smoking >:( cant afford to go to the dentist at the moment incase i end up having to have a load of work done n be faced with a huge bill....whats the mixture for the baking soda?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Baking soda is really good for home whitening. And cheap! ;)
    I always get baking powder,baking soda and bread soda confused. Are they the same thing or have different active ingredients?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

carey2010 wrote: »
    Well i have yellow stains between my lower teeth due to smoking >:( cant afford to go to the dentist at the moment incase i end up having to have a load of work done n be faced with a huge bill....whats the mixture for the baking soda?

For baking soda, just rinse your toothbrush, stick the damp bristles into the powder, and brush as normal. If you're sticking a toothbrush in and out, the powder will get damp, so you might want a tub just for the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

carey2010 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I can buy the hydrogen peroxide used to whiten your teeth?

Buy eucryl tooth powder and toothpaste
    http://www.eucryl.co.uk/products/eucryl_toothpowder.aspx
    Follow instructions and don't overuse. I have caramide peroxide 6% from dentist which will whiten teeth but I don't think it would remove yellow smoking stains

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

anniehoo wrote: »
    I always get baking powder,baking soda and bread soda confused. Are they the same thing or have different active ingredients?

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate or bicarbonate of soda. This is the one to use for teeth whitening.

And as said before, just dip your brush in the baking soda and brush as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I buy crest strips for about ten euro for a weeks supply on eBay and find them amazing people have asked me did I have my teeth whitened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I buy crest strips for about ten euro for a weeks supply on eBay and find them amazing people have asked me did I have my teeth whitened!
    +1 to this. Have used every 18 months or so and people always comment on whiteness of my teeth. Well worth it

Advertisement