Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Writer Required

• 01-05-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am look for a talented writer who is familiar with the TV show "Supernatural" and would be interested in writing a story in Episodic form similar to the TV show. The story would need new characters and a broad underlying story that is tied up at the end.

It might make more sense to you if it is in context. I require the story for a fully fledged 3d game i am building based on the Supernatural universe. The game will be built in chapter form with one released each month/fortnight. Each chapter will be similar to one episode on the Tv series where you play as the protagonist hunting demons/werewolves or whatever. Each episode must be part of a bigger picture/story arc (also similar to the show) where there will be a twist at the end no-one saw coming.

I realize this i probably too much to ask but im hoping i can find a good experienced writer here. I could write it myself but i know if someone who studied the arts wrote it, it would be much better.

Its a volunteer project and the game will be free upon release. Best i can offer is you use it as a portfolio.

Thank you
    Cathal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I think it would be tough for some people to dedicate that amount of work into a free project. However, have you thought about scouring fanfiction forums? Many people write in-depth fanfiction on TV shows like Supernatural. Maybe you could track one down that appeals to you, adapt it for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thefoofighter

I have posted to all that i could find and i agree with you that people would find it hard to dedicate time of a project of this type. Ive also been chatting to a few of the guys over at gamedevelopers.ie and well they are telling me to steer away from making the game based on the show and rather to build a game on just supernatural/paranormal in the style of the show. That way i dont fall into any copyright infringements and the story teller can have more freedom to include local legends also. Im probably gonna end up writing the story unless i get an interested body.

Anyway thanks for the reply!

Advertisement