Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Period late but 2 FRER negatives??

Options
  • 01-05-2012 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Hi lads just wondering how accurate FRER tests are. My last period started 6 weeks ago, I took a FRER test last week and another yesterday, both were negative but I didn't use first morning urine. I've been feeling really off for the last few weeks too. How accurate are these tests? I've heard stories of people testing negative up to 2 months into pregnancy :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Try doing it first thing in the morning but I know some women that get a negative results when there is no way they aren't pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

+1 for using first urine sample of the day

First response are sensitive tests tho...For me, they've always picked up pregnancy a few days before I'm due...they pick up hcg at 25 which is very low considering non pregnant levels are 5 and below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

How long is your cycle? You said you last period was six weeks ago - so when where you due this one?

It can be up to 14 days after you missed period before you get a positive - some people have higher HGC in their urine so can get a positive early.

Fingers crossed for you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

When I came off the pill, I had been on a 5 week cycle but this had regulated back to 4 weeks for the last few months. It's never been this late though :confused: I didn't get a chance to pick up a hpt in the last few days but I collected a sample of my first urine this morning and tested it just now and got another negative. Just checked online though and it says you shouldn't use a sample after 7 hours..... Still feeling sicky and exhausted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Might be best to go check with your doctor. If you have any stress or major changes in your life could also affect your cycle lenght.

I would also use a fresh sample.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Advertisement
Advertisement