Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ambivalence

• 01-05-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
    Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

After a long time i finally picked up a Dreamcast and tbh i was like a little kid at xmas plugging all the leads in and powering it on.

Took a while to get it tuned in properly but after fixing the Date i then seen the lovely Swirley logo.

Bliss..........

But then i went to try at play a disc and guess what it didnt bloody read it:mad:

Tried another 3 discs with no joy and i have a bad feeling i have been sold a dud:mad:

Are there any easy fixes that i could try before i fly into a Rage;) at the injustice of it all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Boulder Dash tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The coexistence of opposing attitudes or feelings, such as love and hate, toward a person, object, or idea.
    Uncertainty or indecisiveness as to which course to follow.

After a long time i finally picked up a Dreamcast and tbh i was like a little kid at xmas plugging all the leads in and powering it on.

Took a while to get it tuned in properly but after fixing the Date i then seen the lovely Swirley logo.

Bliss..........

But then i went to try at play a disc and guess what it didnt bloody read it:mad:

Tried another 3 discs with no joy and i have a bad feeling i have been sold a dud:mad:

Are there any easy fixes that i could try before i fly into a Rage;) at the injustice of it all.

Are the discs original or filthy pirate discs? :D;)

I've a DC that will only read original discs, it used to work with backups but after many years of calibrating the lens it just wasn't worth it any more.

Google "Dreamcast laser lens calibration" and you'll find all sorts of info about it. Personally I return it and get another from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Steve SI wrote: »
    Are the discs original or filthy pirate discs? :D;)

I've a DC that will only read original discs, it used to work with backups but after many years of calibrating the lens it just wasn't worth it any more.

Google "Dreamcast laser lens calibration" and you'll find all sorts of info about it. Personally I return it and get another from them.

Originals m8

Had a google and tbh you are spot on its going back on thursday when i am in town.

To cap it off the vmu i got has a flat battery as well:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tell them to unban me on facebook as well while they are at it :P

Originals m8

Had a google and tbh you are spot on its going back on thursday when i am in town.

To cap it off the vmu i got has a flat battery as well:mad:

VMU batteries are always flat. I don't even bother replacing them any more as a good quality CR2032 lasts feck all time in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tell them to unban me on facebook as well while they are at it :P

I take it they got sick of you trolling all the FF VII fans? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I take it they got sick of you trolling all the FF VII fans? :p

Legend of Dragoon fans more like and they deserve it.

Legend of Dragoon fans more like and they deserve it.

Great game that, don't you think?

trollbmy.jpg

train-derail-3.jpg

So anyway the Dreamcast

Anything else worth trying?

• Advertisement

I heard the CDi is very much underappreciated.

Stop talking to yourself then m8:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

So anyway the Dreamcast

Anything else worth trying?

It's pretty much all good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Those are the voices of the demons on your back, trying to drive you mad.
    To be honest, they never really expected you to buy one, so one up for them...
    I reckon you'll have an epiphany one of these days, immediately have it incinerated and end up performing some sort of rite in your house to cleanse it after the CDi has frakked up it's gaming mojo for some time to come.

I can imagine the next Beers there, we'll all sense... something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Enternow swears by the Zelda games.*
    Enternow wrote:
    The Zelda CDi games are as good if not better than ALTTP

I applaud his convictions - as wrong as they may be. It's a strong position to take.

May be a blatant lie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Enternow swears at the Zelda games.*

Fixed it for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The blatant Americanisation of the Zelda characters is just farcial. If your able to get the red tunic in the cd-i games, this is basically who your playing as

frat-boy.jpg

The only canon those Zelda games should find themselves in is one pointing off of the port bow, by Jingo!

Got the Dreamcast changed yesterday for a working one:D

and it plays burned games:D

So 1st game i put on was a c64 emulator so i could play Boulder Dash

yippee

Sanstitre.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martin_luther_king1.jpg
    And it didn't bloody work.

Advertisement