Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bought iphone 4 on dondeal

• 01-05-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭

hi,

I bought a 32gb iphone 4 on donedeal.ie today,
    Only thing is that it is locked to Three and i am on Vodafone.
    i've tried ringing Three but they wont entertain me at all which is understandable i suppose. I plugged in the iphone into itunes but it will not recognise it with out the original sim which i dont have. Is there anything i can do??
    Any help is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭jamesd

What is the version and the firmware - go into settings , general , about.
    Get a three sim to get it activated if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

jamesd wrote: »
    What is the version and the firmware - go into settings , general , about.
    Get a three sim to get it activated if needed.

Its 04.11.08
    5.0.1 (9A405)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpbdrogheda

Send me a private message and i will let you know what you need to do. It involves jailbreaking so i dont want to discuss it on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Download redsn0w to jailbreak

click the hacktivate option in redsn0w

Once jailbroken install Sam pref from cydia, and spoof the 3 sim to yours. Google Sam pref unlock

Alternative is to get a geevy sim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

apeking wrote: »
    Download redsn0w to jailbreak

click the hacktivate option in redsn0w

Once jailbroken install Sam pref from cydia, and spoof the 3 sim to yours. Google Sam pref unlock

Alternative is to get a geevy sim
    the SAM method won't work unless you have previously saved the activation tickets, apple patched it
    gevey will work as long as you don't update the iphone

• Advertisement

Send me a private message and i will let you know what you need to do. It involves jailbreaking so i dont want to discuss it on here.
    why would you not want to discuss jailbreaking?

tried Sam,

Isnt workin

Went into town to get a gevey sim and they said it wont work with this firmware unfortunately

May wait till the next hack is out unless anyone else haas any more ideas????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

none of that stuff works at the moment when you upgrade to ios 5. There is a shop in maynooth that can get the unlock codes through Apple. My friend paid 80 euro and had the unlock code within 2 days.

none of that stuff works at the moment when you upgrade to ios 5. There is a shop in maynooth that can get the unlock codes through Apple. My friend paid 80 euro and had the unlock code within 2 days.
    The gevey sim works. Apple don't do unlock codes so your friend is telling porkies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sell it and try and make a profit on it. Your never going to be able to use it properly. Get one for the network your on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Sell it and try and make a profit on it. Your never going to be able to use it properly. Get one for the network your on.
    Gotta agree with this ... jailbreaking just fcuks about with phone ... (oh yes it does ,...)

guil wrote: »
    The gevey sim works. Apple don't do unlock codes so your friend is telling porkies

gevy sim is a pain in the ass with IOS 5 you have to downgrade software preserve the baseband etc. Anyway I was with him when he unlocked his phone on itunes so i know he wasn't telling porkies.I just rang the shop, they can only get unlock codes for vodafone and o2. Not much help for someone on three network.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gevy sim is a pain in the ass with IOS 5 you have to downgrade software preserve the baseband etc. Anyway I was with him when he unlocked his phone on itunes so i know he wasn't telling porkies.I just rang the shop, they can only get unlock codes for vodafone and o2. Not much help for someone on three network.

Did he enter a code on iTunes?

Gevey will work fine with ios 5.0.1 and the service your friend got was probably a link to an employee in O2 or voda who put the unlock request through to apple
    Still wasn't a code of any sort

whiterebel wrote: »

Did he enter a code on iTunes?

Ya a big huge one and then he had to stand on his head for 20 minutes and sing baa baa black sheep three times. *rolls eyes*

guil wrote: »
    Gevey will work fine with ios 5.0.1 and the service your friend got was probably a link to an employee in O2 or voda who put the unlock request through to apple
    Still wasn't a code of any sort

Stop being so pedantic please ur giving me a head ache. He got his phone unlocked so what that it wasn't a "code" still a lot less hassle then a geevy sim.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Stop being so pedantic please ur giving me a head ache. He got his phone unlocked so what that it wasn't a "code" still a lot less hassle then a geevy sim.

More likely your getting a headache from all the crap you're posting:rolleyes:

whiterebel wrote: »

More likely your getting a headache from all the crap you're posting:rolleyes:

How am I supposed to reply to that.....Anyway your dead right , how foolish of me. You're obviously far more intelligent than me and know even more about the IPhone then Steve Jobs himself did god rest his soul. I only wish I could be more like you. I bid you good day sir, you may have the last word.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Looks like we're gonna have to order more words...

Thanks for all the replies and helpful and not so helpful comments,
    I am goin to try the Gevey sim and see how i get on.

Is there any drawbacks to using a Gevey Sim??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your really only messing with the sims, you'll never have a proper working iphone that way, I suggest you put it back on donedeal and get your money back, a 3 one will be sold within a few hours there's a bit of demand for them.

Advertisement