Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sydney..!!

Options
  • 01-05-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Me and a few of the lads(25) are heading to Sydney for a week where is the best palces
    - To stay resonable prices places
    - Places to see and things to do..??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ag rince Bo

Hey shane,
    It depends on what you like and want to do that affects where you might want to stay ...
    Kings Cross, sydneys red light district, has a lot of backpacker hostels, the prices vary but for the most part are about average. A lot of tourists and travellers head to the cross but if youv'e been to one red light area ....etc etc ...
    there's a lot to do there if your into playing up 24 hours a day (drugs, girls, night clubs, food, etc)
    if that's not your thing it is still within walking distance to sydneys CBD (about a mile or so) there is also a train station at the cross that heads into the CBD.where you'll find china town and pubs & night clubs,
    theatres, movies, museums, Darling harbour (a little zoo place and ocean place with sharks and a starfish and some seaweed) and plenty of other stuff to check out plus they occasionally have free bands on the weekend) and if you go to Circular Quay catch a ferry and check out the harbour, harbour bridge, opera house, taronga zoo (great views from the zoo!) and Manly
    near Circ. Quay is a place called 'the rocks' which is old stuff and pubs but coming from eire, sydneys old stuff isn't going to be very old. (it's just broken so they call it old :))
    Also bondi beach and all the other beaches north and south of sydney.
    There's a lot of pubs and clubs in sydney that have live bands..check 'em out there's alway's a pub with a band playing somewhere and at the place your staying their should be some of those free papers with an entertainment guide.
    If your going to stay in a backpackers or youth hostel then you should have no probs finding one at the cross or bondi or surry hills... pm if you want more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

ShaneK101 wrote: »
    Me and a few of the lads(25) are heading to Sydney for a week.

25? thats going to be one hell of a week, just a heads up regarding Pubs/Clubs a lot of establishments would try to avert trouble* and shift you on with that sort of numbers, if you drip feed into the place (ie very small groups) then meet up inside you should be grand, thats what end of season piss ups have to do in some places with the same sort of numbers.

*Im not saying anyone will be looking for trouble, but that would be the assumption.

The Aussie wrote: »
    25? thats going to be one hell of a week, just a heads up regarding Pubs/Clubs a lot of establishments would try to avert trouble* and shift you on with that sort of numbers, if you drip feed into the place (ie very small groups) then meet up inside you should be grand, thats what end of season piss ups have to do in some places with the same sort of numbers.

*Im not saying anyone will be looking for trouble, but that would be the assumption.
    Actually, I put something like that in my first post (above) but wasn't sure if he meant age or numbers :rolleyes: ...but yeah, 25 lads is going to attract a lot of attention.
    From the cops, locals (espec. at the places I listed) except maybe the ferry on the harbour and maybe at Darling Harbour) but George st. at night, the cross and bondi or the other beaches at night and I spose just about any pub ...could defo. get some 'no entry's' plus the usual drunk locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

Woops ment we are 25 years of age ha not 25 of us..!! There is only 2 of us haha..!! Sorry for the confusion.!
    Regarding an rinc post il will have a look at a few of the places you mentioned..!! Any where you would reccomend staying thats cental and reasonable priced and nice :)

Sorry it took a while to get back but there is a place, I was going to reccomend a few places I have stayed at but you don't really know from one month to the next whether they are still there or changed .... here's a guide that will tell you where the hostels are (if you haven't already found it)

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/australia/sydney/?&gclid=CLjGr_-x768CFUZNpgod_hi6Xg

BTW, if you want to stash bags and stuff under lock and key for a few days go to Central Station and use their lockers, 24 hr security and cheap enough, I;ve used them quite a lot in the past. and they are probably safer than leaving your gear at a hostel. (I hope there still there)

One place I lived at for about 4 months is the old 'peoples palace' the hotel Westend now called 'the Nomads Westend' and is easy too find close (2 or 3 blocks) to the entertainment part of the city and close to central train & bus station, it has free airport pickup. The rooms are small but private (unless they have knocked a few walls out since I was there). you can walk to most places in the city (see my first post) and Cental station will get you most places through out the city btw a day or week pass on the public transport gives you unlimited travel... on all types including the harbour ferrys.....good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ShaneK101

Sorry it took a while to get back but there is a place, I was going to reccomend a few places I have stayed at but you don't really know from one month to the next whether they are still there or changed .... here's a guide that will tell you where the hostels are (if you haven't already found it)

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/australia/sydney/?&gclid=CLjGr_-x768CFUZNpgod_hi6Xg

BTW, if you want to stash bags and stuff under lock and key for a few days go to Central Station and use their lockers, 24 hr security and cheap enough, I;ve used them quite a lot in the past. and they are probably safer than leaving your gear at a hostel. (I hope there still there)

One place I lived at for about 4 months is the old 'peoples palace' the hotel Westend now called 'the Nomads Westend' and is easy too find close (2 or 3 blocks) to the entertainment part of the city and close to central train & bus station, it has free airport pickup. The rooms are small but private (unless they have knocked a few walls out since I was there). you can walk to most places in the city (see my first post) and Cental station will get you most places through out the city btw a day or week pass on the public transport gives you unlimited travel... on all types including the harbour ferrys.....good value
    Your info is unreal.! Now I just have to look it all up.! Seriously thanks a mill.!!

Advertisement