Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Fire - Blackpool

Options
  • 01-05-2012 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

My husband was telling me a car was on fire in Blackpool SC today. Shandon St was also closed due to dangerous structure.

Does anyone know any more about this?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

The fire in Blackpool SC was on the top floor of the multistorey carpark at about 4.45 pm, that's all I know about it.

Walked down Shandon street at half 12 and there was no blocked off sections, must be more recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    The fire in Blackpool SC was on the top floor of the multistorey carpark at about 4.45 pm, that's all I know about it.

Walked down Shandon street at half 12 and there was no blocked off sections, must be more recent.

Building at risk in storm on Shandon Street and this in Blackpool.

528536_2959972530447_1164253592_n.jpg

149471_2959992570948_1595551802_32050421_558354878_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The fire was in the second floor, as can be seen from the pics. A few local knacks set fire to it, so it would seem. Retail park security has been having a lot of hassle lately with teenagers hanging around, particularly in the multi-storey car park where they often get up to no good. The parents of these kids should be fined or given some rap on the knuckles (in a perfect world of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

It was the classic VW car thats usually parked up there, VW Karmann Ghia apparently - scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's a real shame about the Karmann if true. If I were the owner and caught whoever was responsible, I don't give much for their chances if we got hold of them. Why people do this I have no clue...:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement