Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer BBQ-pubs

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi, trying to organise a get together for a group of about 30 in June. Can anyone tell me of any pubs or other establishments in Dublin that do BBQ's..Someone already mentioned Diceys but they said it wasnt great..and we have a mix of ages
    Thanks

Comments

You'll be poorly served when it comes to getting BBQ in pubs in Dublin. For one the weather is too unpredictable and generally rubbish to make something like that commercially successful, publicans would rather use the same space to throw up a covered smoking area or something that will actually be used regularly and add to the appeal of their establishment for the maximum number of punters.

Secondly Dublin itself (especially the city centre) hasn't got a lot of options when it comes to good outside spaces, beer gardens, etc. Square footage is at a premium and most pubs don't bother with anything in the few rare outside areas apart from smoking areas, which i personally would not enjoy eating in.

Have you thought of private catering? If it's an option for you in terms of cost, and if you can find a suitable licensed outdoor space or garden, there are a lot of private catering firms geared up to do BBQs in the summer. They will par-boil or blanch the food before they arrive on site, and finish it off in front of your guests, usually on gas fired authentic looking barbeques. Might be worth looking into.

Failing that, there's a decent Irish pub in temple bar with a small outdoor area (can't remember the name, used to be Eamon Doran's in crown alley) and the Mongolian barbeque is just around the corner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Chickus wrote: »
    Hi, trying to organise a get together for a group of about 30 in June. Can anyone tell me of any pubs or other establishments in Dublin that do BBQ's..Someone already mentioned Diceys but they said it wasnt great..and we have a mix of ages
    Thanks

Solas on Wexford St did BBQ's on Sundays last summer, the food was free too. Not sure if they're doing them again this year tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Just seen the sign for newly refurbished Parnell Mooney. BBQ on the rooftop available for private hire. Don't know how big it is but worth enquiring

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tramco used to do them during the day on Fridays iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Kobra on Leeson Street also have a nice BBQ area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

the Parnell is a lovely little beer garden, good staff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

D2 used to do BBQ's in their smoking area. Food was always good there anytime I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just cycled by a place called the Australian BBQ on South Richmond St. yesterday. My googling turns up this, looks like its opening today. Anyway it wasn't quite clear from the outside if its just a restaurant and its not quite clear from the website if they actually have an outdoor area? Seems a shame to open a place like that and not have an outdoor area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

mccarte2 wrote: »
    D2 used to do BBQ's in their smoking area. Food was always good there anytime I had it.

Still do!

Advertisement