Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Won't Start

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Every time i go to launch bf3 i get an error message 'BF3 has stopped working'

Error name : BEX

Any suggestion why this is happening. I only bought the game today and its not working.

My specs can handle anything.

I have all the latest drivers.

Everything is up to date and patched. Have researched everything on the web and no fix :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

whats your gfx card and what OS are you using?

any toolbars as this points out?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/bex-error/ac23903f-ddab-4283-9ce8-c7ba13197201

try looking without mentioning BF3 as it seems to be fairly widespread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

danniemcq wrote: »
    whats your gfx card and what OS are you using?

any toolbars as this points out?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/bex-error/ac23903f-ddab-4283-9ce8-c7ba13197201

try looking without mentioning BF3 as it seems to be fairly widespread
    Radeon HD 7870 and windows 7 64 bit.

I use Firefox and no i like to keep a very tidy look so no toolbars.

So many threads out there from iexplorer to nearly every game but no one has a definitive solution.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Origin fully updated? The one on the disc is way out of date even on the games release. Plus you would also need to have the FF plugin installed, and have downloaded large enough updates to BF3 itself.

Spear wrote: »
    Origin fully updated? The one on the disc is way out of date even on the games release. Plus you would also need to have the FF plugin installed, and have downloaded large enough updates to BF3 itself.
    Yes all up-to-date.

Here's the error message in full:

Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: bf3.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4f8d931e
    Fault Module Name: appinit_dll.dll_unloaded
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4f2e6809
    Exception Offset: 6114aa33
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 6153
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Clean boot doesn't fix.
    Different browsers with no add-ons doesn't fix.
    Updated drivers don't fix.
    Changing the tm sign doesn't fix.
    Uninstall and reinstall doesn't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Well dar's ur problem

• Advertisement

pockets3d wrote: »
    Well dar's ur problem
    What?

bf3 has installed the 4.5gb update.

That wasn't the problem at all.

What was the problem was LucidTechnologies. Some program to help the GPU run better..?

When i would start bf3 it would create processes exponentially going upwards of 2000 processes.

I deleted that folder and bam, works like a charm now.

Strange altogether :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

that is odd!

did it come with your gfx card or was it something different?

I ask because the ASUS (motherboard and new gfx card) i have had gamer OSD or something as an install extra and it stopped pretty much every game starting.

was very odd

Yea came loaded with the GPU.

I probably could have tweaked the settings in it to not run but after spending 5 hours on trying to solve this problem rage kicked in :P

I only figured it out when i checked my task manager and the location of the process that was multiplying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lucid came with our Asrock Mobo and is supposed to mean the PC only uses the GPU when it really needs to for games but uses the integrated GPU in i5's and i7 CPU's for general rendering duties to save power or for video encoding for which it is optimised and better than even a GTX590 GPU.

For whatever reason its not playing nice with BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Dont want to start a whole new thread for this, but is Origin down for anyone else at the moment?

when i try to log in i get
    An unknown error has occurred. please exit and restart origin and start again.

ive tried that, and uninstalled and re downloaded origin, and im still getting the error. was working fine last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Yea, it's down for me as of when I post this message.

Advertisement