Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i just point out.......

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

......that up in the North-West we've been having a great spell of weather, sunny warm(ish) days, cool(ish) breeze, cant remember that last day it rained.

This thread is just to point out our good fortune as its normally the opposite way around when it comes to the north/south weather divide.

You may close this thread now:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yes, the tides have well and truly turned the past week. Enjoy it while you get it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Senna wrote: »
    ...... up in the North-West we've been having a great spell of weather, sunny warm(ish) days, cool(ish) breeze, cant remember that last day it rained.
    Just to say to you from us in the East ....we hate you! :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Enjoy it while you can! That's your summer that is!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

***shakes fist at the OP in anger***

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Narnia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Prepare for the end of your lucky break - I'm heading for NW Donegal at the weekend, the good weather is guaranteed to break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

I've a name for the weather we've been getting here. Prick weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It had been noticed

/puts up umbrella again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Yeah weather has been great past few days here as well. Very little rain, very mild, yesterday had a very "dead heat" very clammy temperatures at night staying well above freezing.

Sunsets have been stunning, just a pity I don't have a DSLR yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

7 day rainfall totals and percentages up to yesterday (from met.ie)

203190.gif203189.gif

The antithesis of right :eek:

Yesterday's total of 29.7mm at Casement was the highest daily rainfall there since the 24th of October last and brings this station's total up to normal for the year so far. Percentage of normal totals at the 4 other stations used in the IMT index for 2012 are still running well below average with Oak Park receiving only 70% of its normal total so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Amazing just how lucky we've been in dodging the rain here recently, going by that chart even Derry City is near normal for the week yet 15 miles further west we're at 0%! Every time a band of rain travelled west it seemed to just die out around Derry, same with all the convective showers earler in the month that only formed about 10 miles to the south

Must be about 2 weeks now since its rained during daylight hours here, no doubt mother nature will make up for it soon enough so we might as well enjoy it, warm and sunny again today :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

7 day rainfall totals and percentages up to yesterday (from met.ie)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/155421/203190.gif

The antithesis of right :eek:

Yesterday's total of 29.7mm at Casement was the highest daily rainfall there since the 24th of October last and brings this station's total up to normal for the year so far. Percentage of normal totals at the 4 other stations used in the IMT index for 2012 are still running well below average with Oak Park receiving only 70% of its normal total so far.

Well that has just compounded my anger that I chose Cork over Donegal for my recent trip away.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Another glorious day here in the sunny NW... warm, sunny and only a little little breeze. Enjoy it while it lasts!

eskimocat wrote: »
    Another glorious day here in the sunny NW... warm, sunny and only a little little breeze. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Hold that thought (and weather) till Saturday- pleeeeeeease!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looks like tomorrow is finally going to end the dry spell, a mere 2.2mm recorded at Malin Head in the past 15 days and even the week before that was nearly totally dry apart from the intense front that passed through over night on the 17th. Compare that to Casement where 88mm has been recorded in the past 15 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Can we have our weather back now please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It was nice while it lasted:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I thought it was quite pleasant today between the showers and out of the wind.
    Humm quite a few conditions there I suppose. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Unfortunately it finally rained in the NW today.

But agree, we must have had a full week there with no rain. I didn't see any anyway.

Great to listen to news on the radio saying that the SW was soaking and to drive carefully, as we basked in the sunshine.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Unfortunately it finally rained in the NW today.

But agree, we must have had a full week there with no rain. I didn't see any anyway.

Great to listen to news on the radio saying that the SW was soaking and to drive carefully, as we basked in the sunshine.

And oh my goodness, it was positively biblical! But yesterday and this afternoon/evening were beautiful, so I'm not complaining. There's nowhere like north Donegal when the sun shines!

• Advertisement
Advertisement