Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Skelligs

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everybody, I am going to the Skellig for a school trip and I am not sure if I shoud go. Also I have a few questions . Is it dangerous? What should I bring, which shoes to wear etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I would go it is a pretty amazing place and it has puffins and gannets! which are really cool.
    if you have a problem with heights it is probably not for you
    footwear wise if you have hiking boots they would be perfect if not runners would be good nothing with a heel. it is rough paths all the way to the monks cells so care is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Homer321

I am scared of hights , but I climbed Torc twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

You most definatly should go, it's an amazing spot/experience.

There is a good path to whole way, but in parts there are no walls and big drops, but if you don't look down and keep your eye on the path you should be fine.

I haven't the best head for heights either, but have been there a couple of times.

Homer321 wrote: »
    Hello everybody, I am going to the Skellig for a school trip and I am not sure if I shoud go. Also I have a few questions . Is it dangerous? What should I bring, which shoes to wear etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 boots2000

You should def go, its amazing up there, good pair of trainers and comfortable clothes needed.

Just to note the tour is weather permitting though, the first time we tried to go out it was called off because of the strong wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 A1 Dan

Yes weather permitting its a stunning place. Trickiest part can be just getting off the boat. Hope the puffins are at home when you visit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

If you are scared of heights be careful..... but even if you dont want to do the climb you can always wait at the bottom do a bit of sun bathing and enjoy the view and let the others get all the exercise bring a book for the wait but do not miss the trip as it is a special place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Id go for it, its a great place. I was there years ago.

Advertisement