Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked toilet

• 01-05-2012 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭

Any plumbers around to advise on a problem.

We have a blocked toilet in our ensuite.

The problem is tho the main bathroom toilet is also blocked and water
    is coming up through the shower and sinks now.

The downstairs toilet and sinks are working fine so the problem is upstairs somewhere.

I got some drain unblocker chemical stull and poured that down the sink in the bathroom hoping it would find the blockage but it came up intho the shower in the ensuite.

do I need to call a plumber?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Any plumbers around to advise on a problem.

We have a blocked toilet in our ensuite.

The problem is tho the main bathroom toilet is also blocked and water
    is coming up through the shower and sinks now.

The downstairs toilet and sinks are working fine so the problem is upstairs somewhere.

I got some drain unblocker chemical stull and poured that down the sink in the bathroom hoping it would find the blockage but it came up intho the shower in the ensuite.

do I need to call a plumber?

Where are you based ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I got it sorted thankfully a plunger worked in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Toilets are often blocked by someone overusing the loo roll. I find this technique is amazing effective at clearing such blockages:
    Put a plastic bag (the 20c ones not the heavy shopping bags) or bin liner over the head of a toilet brush and tape it to the handle so that it won't slip off. Push the brush down tightish into the neck of the loo and make sure it's fully submerged (critical), then start plunging. Usually only 5-6 pumps are enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NewGrad

Hi,

toilet recently blocked and have tried plunging, wire coat hanger, bucket of water, clearing drain pipe out to septic tank, ...
    Trying to stay away from caustic soda as have heard mixed results.

Any one know of a good toilet/drain cleaning service in the Clane/Naas region of Kildare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

robbie1977 wrote: »
    ....The problem is tho the main bathroom toilet is also blocked and water
    is coming up through the shower and sinks now....

I didn't think that the waste from toilets should be connected to other wastes at least not within the house like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement