Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dodgey new microwave?

Options
  • 01-05-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Bought a new Russell hobbes microwave but it is creating terrible feedback from my radio. Same radio lived beside previous microwave for yrs and this never happened and this time its situated even further away from the microwave than before. Ive never seen/ heard this before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A microwave oven, even in good condition, will always 'leak' a small amount of microwave energy, probably enough to detect with a fairly simple probe, but not enough to be harmful. The amount of leakage might be roughly equivalent to the power transmitted by a mobile phone handset in use.

The relatively small and safe amount of leaked microwave energy can still be enough to cause very nearby electronics to misbehave.

How far away is the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Opposite side of the kitchen, 10ft maybe. In my last kitchen it was only about 2ft from the old microwave and i never had feedback. I cant listen to radio when new microwave is on as its a strong buzzing noise from radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

to be fair i never owned their microwave BUT i did buy a russell hobbs 4 slice toaster (i thought they were a good enough brand name) i got a refund for it, as it kept tripping the switch, it was a common problem, since then ive heard of a good few people who had problems with the brand and different items, can you contact them to see if your microwave is prone to this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

hoodwinked wrote: »
    to be fair i never owned their microwave BUT i did buy a russell hobbs 4 slice toaster (i thought they were a good enough brand name) i got a refund for it, as it kept tripping the switch, it was a common problem, since then ive heard of a good few people who had problems with the brand and different items, can you contact them to see if your microwave is prone to this issue?

Thanks. Not happy about it as have lived with various microwaves over the years and never this prob.

Advertisement