Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Early Scan in Mount Carmel?

Options
  • 01-05-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Anyone had an early scan in Mount Carmel?I will be going for one at 8 weeks and wondering what to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Yes I had an 8 week scan there .. it was a lovely experience. The clinic is lovely, as are the nurses. The lady confirmed my dates, and measured the baby (was only a gummi bear at that stage!) - we saw the heartbeat too. She also checked my womb looked ok, plus my ovaries too. Make sure you have a full bladder going in too.

Hope it goes well, Congrats! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Exactly what mrswhippy said! Lovely experience. You'll get some scan pics and a letter with the measurements etc for your gp/hospital. I went public in Holles st but had private scans in mount Carmel on mine.

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Myself and my wife went at 9 weeks. It was lovely there. You get to hear the heartbeat and everything, it's very cool. The staff were very nice and you're not left waiting long.

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Another positive experience here. I had previously had a miscarriage and that time I went to another one of the private scan clinics for the early scan - they discovered there that everything wasn't right, but the problem was that they were 'only' scan technicians so they couldn't really give me any proper medical information. It was just 'something is wrong, you have to go to your doctor on Monday' pretty much - don't get me wrong they were very nice to me, and made me feel as well as I could after getting news like that, but it was a long weekend waiting for the doctor on Monday.

The reason we went for Mount Carmel the second time was that they have a consultant on call to the scan clinic so god forbid everything didn't look 'normal' or there was any small issue at all they can call the doctor who will come and have a consultation with you.

I'm sure everything will be fine for you, but we liked the reassurance of knowing a doc was available if we needed him.
    Room for the scan and that is lovely and a great screen for viewing babs etc.

Advertisement