Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord breaking RAS scheme contract

Options
  • 01-05-2012 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

i have been on the ros scheme for the past two years with no problems, then the landlord rang me and said he wants me out in a month, he said he is moving back into the house.
    i thought it was a four year contract, it doesn't give me very long to find another property considering it has to be checked by a fire officer.
    just wondered if the landlord is allowed to do this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have you tried contacting Threshold and getting their opinion on the matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ros or RAS? Sorry I'm just not up to date with these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

ras scheme, sorry about the mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

i have been on the ros scheme for the past two years with no problems, then the landlord rang me and said he wants me out in a month, he said he is moving back into the house.
    i thought it was a four year contract, it doesn't give me very long to find another property considering it has to be checked by a fire officer.
    just wondered if the landlord is allowed to do this

It's a two year contract.Landlord should give notice in writing .(probably a minor point)Anyway your local council should give you all the info you need

i contacted the council and they cant do anything untill the landlord sends me a letter, waiting since friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not really sure but i think the council "may"be obliged to find you new accomodation.Citizens information centre would know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Do RAS tenants still count as a part 4 tenancy? If so he has to legally give you 56 days notice in writing.

Also if you have a lease then he has no legal way to remove you from the house until the lease ends.

Apologies if this does not apply to RAS tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

What does 'RAS' mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

then the landlord rang me and said he wants me out in a month
    If you haven't heard from the landlord in a week, drop him a note, say you haven't heard from him since the phone call and explain your rights (I understand I am entitled to ...) and explain that any change would cause difficulty for you.

Do check your lease and talk to your contact in the council housing department.

• Advertisement

he rang me last night and asked me for an email address so he could send me on the letter. i found a property near me so next stop is the council to arrange the fire/safety officer, its a shame to move its so much hassle and expense i dont need.thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

e-mail you a letter?

Check it out as I would have thought notice in writing means it has to be a posted, official registered letter, signed by him and addressed to you.

Advertisement